Sea of thieves Pirate game

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BlasteroidAli

Sea of thieves Pirate game

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 18th, 2015, 6:55 am

I know there is an E3 thread but this is the real surprise of the show. Also I know the critic loves pirate games...

Pirates... ooo RRRR

more info here ... http://www.seaofthieves.com/

ActRaiser

Re: Sea of Thieves Pirate game

Postby ActRaiser » June 19th, 2015, 6:16 pm

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how this game lives up to Rare's past legacy of great games.

But at least Microsoft is letting Rare try something new.

And who doesn't love pirates?

Atarifever

Re: Sea of Thieves Pirate game

Postby Atarifever » June 19th, 2015, 10:56 pm

ActRaiser wrote:Yeah, I'm not quite sure how this game lives up to Rare's past legacy of great games.

But at least Microsoft is letting Rare try something new.

And who doesn't love pirates?

I always start out loving Rare games, and end up always hitting a part I hate that I have no patience to deal with and then quit. Every time. Since Battle Toads, through Donkey Kong Country, Banjoo, Kameo, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark Zero, etc. Every time. I love the look of this game. I love the idea that a studio like Rare is getting to do real games again. I love what this says about Microsoft. The only thing I don't like is how I know like every other time, if I tried to like this game, I would eventually end up hating it.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Sea of thieves Pirate game

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 1st, 2015, 6:09 am

I posted this in Video games general for a reason. That is what I was talking about the rare pirate game which is NOT out.

Would the moderator who put it in this section explain to me why they moved it? Also it is good manners to tell a poster you are doing so. I wanted to comment on this but no such luck as I could not find my own post. Really the moderation on this site is bizarre.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 1st, 2015, 1:32 pm

https://archive.org/details/zx_Ship_of_ ... d_Software

Okay this is Ship of the line a text adventure / arcade game for the Sinclair spectrum. It runs by emulation. It is one of my fave games and it is a bit like being a privateer.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 1st, 2015, 7:39 pm

This looks really terrific. I just hope it's more arcade than RPG.
That Assassin's Creed Black Flag game just didn't appeal to me.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » July 7th, 2015, 10:37 pm

The only pirates game I have ever enjoyed was Pirates! Gold on the Genesis. And I mean I have played that thing until my fingers bled. I still play it all the time. It's replay value is through the roof, since it's never the same twice. But I may just have to give this one a solid look. And, I, too like what this says about Microsoft and Rare.

Return to “Modern Gaming”