Shovel Knight Physical Version Coming to a Store Near You!!!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Shovel Knight Physical Version Coming to a Store Near You!!!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 30th, 2015, 4:27 pm

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shove ... -near-you/

This is very good news, and includes all up-to-date patch/DLC when it comes out and is $19.99the only problem is their is no PS3/Vita physical version?

Thoughts/Opinions on this?

Rev

Re: Shovel Knight Physical Version Coming to a Store Near You!!!

Postby Rev » June 30th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Great news! I'm going to preorder mine tomorrow then. I've been wanting to play this since it came out.

David

Postby David » June 30th, 2015, 5:44 pm

This is cool, but I don't understand the timing. It's been released for every platform now, and I'm guessing *most* people that were interested have purchased it. I know there are collectors and such that would buy it again or were holding out for a physical release, but I can't imagine the audience would be big enough to warrant a physical release. It'll be interesting to see how much it sells.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 30th, 2015, 9:44 pm

hehe, I'll buy it on the Wii U.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 30th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Awesome! I'll buy a copy or two, depending on what consoles it's on. Hate raining on the parade, but no Vita release? Once again the Vita fails in obvious places where it should thrive.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 1st, 2015, 11:42 am

Awesome. This gives me my excuse to buy on xbox one (have it on Wii U) so I can play the battletoads level. $20 price tag is awesome for a game this great

nesfan

Postby nesfan » July 2nd, 2015, 12:12 am

Yacht Club is stirring up some hype for a nice manual to be packaged with Shovel Knight. They said something like "no 2-page inserts here." I think this is the kind of passionate developer that the industry needs and I can't wait to see what else they do.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » July 2nd, 2015, 4:01 am

Tron wrote:Awesome! I'll buy a copy or two, depending on what consoles it's on. Hate raining on the parade, but no Vita release? Once again the Vita fails in obvious places where it should thrive.

Vita cartridges are far more expensive to manufacture than BD-ROMs. Yacht Club would probably lose a ton of money given how small the Vita install base is.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 2nd, 2015, 9:51 am

I just preordered mine for Xbox One. Very excited to have this in a box, and to play that battletoads level.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 2nd, 2015, 9:55 am

Also this seems like a good place to remind people the Mighty No 9 will be out in September, also with a physical release. Between Shovel Knight, Mighty No 9 and Super Mario Maker, this fall is looking to be fantastic for classic 2d platforming.

Return to “Modern Gaming”