PS4 recommendations for youngsters....

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
nesfan

Re: PS4 recommendations for youngsters....

Postby nesfan » July 3rd, 2015, 3:49 pm

Tina wrote:I took a quick look through at the new portables from Nintendo and have a question......
I have a vertigo problem sometimes so I wonder if the 3d xl might bother me.
Do any of you have any experience with this or insight regarding the 3d aspect ????
The 3DS has a slider built in that turns the 3D effect up, down, or completely off if you so desire. There's also the 2DS which plays 3DS games but it removed the 3D effect entirely.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » July 3rd, 2015, 8:32 pm

Tina wrote:Alright, great suggestions and I should apologize for being scattered brain with my introduction and tell you all what gaming systems I have to make the suggestions easier...
Psp, ps3, ps4
Nintendo ds, nes, super Nintendo, Wii.
The thirteen year old loves uncharted, terraria, mine craft, unreal tournament.
The four year old loves Lego, mine craft, terraria, little big planet, super Mario bros.
Me I am addicted to candy crush at the moment and will forever love mario. My husband goes through phases where he won't play anything for months and then we will do a marathon gaming session.
I took a quick look through at the new portables from Nintendo and have a question......
I have a vertigo problem sometimes so I wonder if the 3d xl might bother me.
Do any of you have any experience with this or insight regarding the 3d aspect ????

The 3D is optional and can be turned off. The "New 3DS" apparently has a lot better 3D (it has eye tracking to keep you from losing the effect as the system moves). I play almost all my games with 3D off, turning it on only for cutscenes. I don't think I'm missing anything doing that (and you could even get the 4 year old or yourself a 2DS).

Tina

Postby Tina » July 4th, 2015, 8:13 am

Its good to know that the 3d is optional, my research continues........

noah98

Postby noah98 » July 30th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Knack is a great PS4 family game.

Tina

Postby Tina » July 31st, 2015, 6:37 pm

Knack is a great game that I recently picked up at Wal-Mart for a good price.
Turns out, I am playing it more than anyone else but the 4 year old enjoys watching me.

Return to “Modern Gaming”