Capcom Doing DLC right?!?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
nesfan

Capcom Doing DLC right?!?

Postby nesfan » July 19th, 2015, 3:28 am

Capcom gave us some details about Street Fighter V at Evo. One detail in particular sticks out to me. They're saying that all future DLC for the game will of course be available for purchase. Or you can unlock them by playing the game. That would be impressive if I didn't have this feeling that that's the way DLC should have been handled from its inception. Still, kudos for taking a step in the right direction, Capcom.
For those interested, here's the article I found this information from: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/18/st ... -for-free/

Vexer6

Re: Capcom Doing DLC right?!?

Postby Vexer6 » July 19th, 2015, 12:08 pm

That is interesting indeed, wish more companies would do that(looking at you EA!).

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 19th, 2015, 1:59 pm

I like this idea, mainly because it means all the content is included on the disc.
However, I hope they don't make it exceedingly difficult to unlock stuff.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 19th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Yeah, I hope they don't force you to beat everything on the highest difficulty or anything like that.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » July 19th, 2015, 7:17 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I like this idea, mainly because it means all the content is included on the disc.
However, I hope they don't make it exceedingly difficult to unlock stuff.

Actually I wouldn't bet on that. I'd guess that a lot of characters will still be dlc, just that they're free and you'll have to update your game to be able to earn them.

Return to “Modern Gaming”