Is the 8th Gen consoles worth the troubles?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Is the 8th Gen consoles worth the troubles?

Postby Sonicx9 » July 31st, 2015, 1:52 pm

Critic/others, is the 8th Gen consoles worth the troubles

I ask, because right now, I am not very impressed with either the PS4/Xbox One/and/or the Wii U.

Their is simply not enough exclusives made with the PS4/Xbox One/and or the Wii U in mind that interest me at the moment that make me want to sell out the money.

I mean most of the games that I am interested in some way/shape or form, are either on the 7th Gen consoles, examples include Strider 2014, Child of light, Little Big Planet 3, Transformers Devastation, Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions/Evolved, The Legend of Korra game from Platinum Games, Goat Simulator, Guilty Gear Xrd, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Contrast, Resogun, Mighty No. 9, etc.

Or games that are not on the 7th Gen consoles, are also on the 8th Gen Handhelds such as the 3DS/New 3DS/PS Vita, examples include: Rodea the Sky Soldier, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash Bros. 2014, NES Remix 1 and 2 via Ultimate NES Remix, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Citizens of Earth, Senran Kagura Estival Versus, Ys 8, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX, 1001 Spikes, etc.

Most of these are the full games from either the PS4/Xbox One/and/or the Wii U, and are not that far behind in quality, it is not like in the previous console generations where handheld ports/previous Gen console ports from next gen in mind games being much farther behind in quality at that time period.

The only exceptions where next Gen versions made a huge differences is both Shadow of Mordor and WWE2k15, as the PS3/Xbox 360 editions were crap!

Also even the few that are PS4/Xbox One/and or the Wii U in mind are also coming to the PC such as Tembo the Badass Elephant, Street Fighter 5 and Yooka-Laylee, etc, even though I am not a PC gamer, and don't plan on doing it as my PC is crap when it comes to gaming, and I do not want to deal with the problems related with PC gaming if applied.

Here is a list of PS4/Xbox One games that are made in mind that interest me at the moment:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only game that make me want to buy a PS4/Xbox One, but who knows how long this will take for the game to come out?

Uncharted 4 if they don't turn this game into Tomb Raider 2013, and turn Nathan Drake into emo Lara Croft, witch might happen, as most of the future Indiana Jones/Pitfall!/Tomb Raider/Uncharted style games might copy Tomb Raider 2013, just like how the Survival Horror Genre copied Resident Evil 4 and never went back to their old roots.

Rare Replay, if it is not a buggy mess, like Halo the Master Chief Collection witch might happen!

Tearaway PS4, which is different from the Vita game of the same name.

Bloodborn Nuff Said!

Knack I like this game despite not having the best reviews.

That is all of the PS4/Xbox One in mind games that interest me.

Here is the Wii U games that are made in mind that interest me at the moment:

Mario Kart 8

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Super Mario 3D world

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Xenoblade Chronicles X

New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U

Any advice would be helpful?

Vexer6

Re: Is the 8th Gen consoles worth the troubles?

Postby Vexer6 » July 31st, 2015, 4:54 pm

I for one am very impressed with my Xbox One, PS4 looks nice too.

Not many Wii U games look that interesting to me, and the gimmicky looking controller is a bit off-putting, so that will likely be the last 8th gen console I get.

You are right about their being a lack of exclusives at the moment, I only really shelled out for an Xbox One because at this point i've bought every 360 game that's remotely interested me and i'm making my way through the 50 or so games I have left in my library at the moment.

Tina

Re: Is the 8th Gen consoles worth the troubles?

Postby Tina » July 31st, 2015, 6:33 pm

It depends on your situation. We are looking into handhelds at the moment and my oldest is much more interested in a new laptop.
We have the ps3, 4, and wii. The wiiu would have to be heavily discounted for me to purchase.
So I would say no they are not worth the trouble.

Return to “Modern Gaming”