Xbox One backwards compatiility

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Hardcore Sadism

Re: Xbox One backwards compatiility

Postby Hardcore Sadism » November 22nd, 2015, 1:31 pm

Okay I need some guidance here.

I got a copy of Fallout 4 for the Xbox One, and I apparently got a download code for a digital copy of Fallout 3. Do I have to actually hook my xbox 360 back up to download it before ever running it on the One? I cannot find out where it went.

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » November 22nd, 2015, 2:25 pm

Hardcore Sadism wrote:Okay I need some guidance here.

I got a copy of Fallout 4 for the Xbox One, and I apparently got a download code for a digital copy of Fallout 3. Do I have to actually hook my xbox 360 back up to download it before ever running it on the One? I cannot find out where it went.

You can either redeem it on the Xbox One or through xbox.com.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » November 22nd, 2015, 2:46 pm

I think all you need to do is enter the download code (into either the Xbox One or the 360). Once it's entered it will then be available to download.

You can also redeem the code online and then search for the Fallout 3 game and download it after within the Xbox One.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/PaymentA ... RedeemCode

I'm still trying to figure out the new Xbox One UI. But try the above URL. You'll have to be signed into your xbox live account which will tie everything together.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » November 22nd, 2015, 4:21 pm

I don't think that you can get it through your Xbox One. Maybe because it's a download code, but currently, you can only make backwards compatible purchases or acquire the monthly freebies via your PC or an Xbox 360. Only once it's in your download history will it then show up as downloadable on your Xbox One.

I doubt that a download code is any different.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » June 11th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Microsoft announced today during their E3 presentation that this initiative is being expanded to cover original Xbox games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... patibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5DWFrCNck

Hopefully decisions like this help them close the gap to Sony a bit. Microsoft rightfully was the villain of the industry before the XB1 first launched thanks to some poorly thought out decisions that very much were anti-consumer in nature. Sony understood that millions of their potential customers weren't willing to see the heart and soul ripped out of the retail model and they've been amply rewarded since then.

But Microsoft quickly backtracked in the wake of a lot of backlash and since then, they seem to be trying harder with consumer friendly decisions like this where as Sony seems to be rather coasting on their early success.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » June 12th, 2017, 11:07 am

While I do try to make some of my gaming experiences on a current console what's hot today, greater access to content is always a good thing. At least in context of a gaming console, having two generations of software compatible with the newer platform is a slam dunk and consumer-first affair the industry needs.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » June 12th, 2017, 7:49 pm

The one thing I've noticed with it is it's bringing a LOT more people to the online features of certain games most notably Black Ops 2

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » October 21st, 2017, 1:00 pm

A known Microsoft leaker posted this to Twitter today. People are assuming that these are the launch titles for original Xbox backwards compatibility.

Not a great list, but I own six of them and possibly might acquire a 7th one of these days. Nothing here was high on my wishlist though, like Outrun 2/Outrun 2006 (Sadly, those are unlikely given the expiration of Sega's Ferrari license).

Wallyworld

Postby Wallyworld » October 21st, 2017, 11:19 pm

Well there are a few classics in there. Crimson Skies probably has the best graphics of any Xbox game made. KOTOR is pretty great and Psychonauts was fun.

The rest I won't be reliving anytime soon.

Steve

Postby Steve » October 21st, 2017, 11:30 pm

Personally, Crimson Skies is one of my favorites from any generation but doesn't the inclusion of Psychonauts and Knights of the Old Republic give Xbox some unique 'exclusives' this holiday? I would imagine a lot will be missing from peoples wishlist. That seems like a given considering the hundreds of possibilities. Seems like a reasonable launch.

Return to “Modern Gaming”