PlayStation 4.5 Neo

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Shapur

PlayStation 4.5 Neo

Postby Shapur » May 22nd, 2016, 11:42 pm

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this(or I missed in which case plz delete this)

Anyway, word is that Sony is releasing a PS4 with a slight CPU boost, and a much better GPU. Supposedly there won't be exclusive games for it, just games that play best on the new system.

I'm a bit surprised as this is unprecedented for Sony. I was hoping they'd release a new model with 4K blu ray support but this is a whole nother level. As somebody who hasn't jumped on the PS4 bandwagon yet, it looks like waiting has really paid off this time.

ActRaiser

Re: PlayStation 4.5 Neo

Postby ActRaiser » May 23rd, 2016, 5:11 pm

Hmm, I wonder if this turns into a Sega Genesis 32X like update. That's not a completely apt comparison but makes one wonder.

I know they're saying the games won't run any differently other than in higher resolution. But what if you only had a 1080p tv. Couldn't you use that extra horsepower for better frame rates?

It's interesting, that's for sure. It's almost as if the PS4 is moving into a PC like aspect with the ability to upgrade over time. Heck, it runs x86 architecture.

The 4.5 might be able to run Morpheous without requiring the extra hardware that's required for the PS4. I'm guessing we'll see some interesting bundles.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 23rd, 2016, 8:30 pm

Wow I hadn't even heard of this. But I looked it up and with so many peeps talking about it it's probably true. And possibly released at a lower price, like maybe $250. If true I am so glad I waited to upgrade as well. If this is real for that price point, the execs at Sony are freaking brilliant. They will own the marketplace!

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » May 24th, 2016, 2:08 am

I think I may be opening a can of worms by saying, this only strengthens the argument that gaming PC's are a step above in terms of sheer power that doesn't need yearly tweaks. Need being the keyword.

Oh well.

Return to “Modern Gaming”