Nintendo NX Update

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Hardcore Sadism

Re: Nintendo NX Update

Postby Hardcore Sadism » October 20th, 2016, 9:18 pm

So, after much perspective thought and deliberation: I think Nintendo could change the state of mobile gaming.

I'm not going to pretend this is a likelihood in all cases, but if Nintendo markets this aggressively enough (which they desperately need to) and the third party support is kept healthy it could be a better influence for tablet and smartphone gaming changes to take place. Call me nostalgic, as much as I respect the success of smartphone gaming I don't understand how we gone this long without expanded support for physical controls. I mean, cases specifically made for substituting or adding to the touchscreen buttons.

This seems like a pipe dream, if anyone could bring back physical buttons for smartphone games (of all formats) it's Nintendo.

They just need to try.

fod

Postby fod » October 20th, 2016, 11:22 pm

A Pokemon Go tie-in absolutely has to be a launch title.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » October 21st, 2016, 2:40 am

fod wrote:A Pokemon Go tie-in absolutely has to be a launch title.

Some of the recent rumors have this supporting Nintendo's mobile offerings natively.

So it very well might be able to play this game and Nintendo's other mobile releases in the future, directly.

scotland

Postby scotland » October 21st, 2016, 7:54 am

Atariboy wrote:
fod wrote:A Pokemon Go tie-in absolutely has to be a launch title.

Some of the recent rumors have this supporting Nintendo's mobile offerings natively.

So it very well might be able to play this game and Nintendo's other mobile releases in the future, directly.

That would not necessarily be a good thing. People already have a mobile phone, and mobile games should be touchscreen games.

As to the rumors, they turned out to be pretty darn good. Its basically what I expected it to be.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 30th, 2021, 1:09 am

Robotrek wrote:The NX rumors are just that, rumors. They have been pushing this "portable" nonsense forever, and "leaked" pictures in the past have always been proven wrong. We will see, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Boy do I feel stupid right about now.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » December 30th, 2021, 6:31 am

Robotrek wrote:
Robotrek wrote:The NX rumors are just that, rumors. They have been pushing this "portable" nonsense forever, and "leaked" pictures in the past have always been proven wrong. We will see, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Boy do I feel stupid right about now.

Comments like the one you referenced are one of the reasons I love to read old video game mags, where they make predictions on trends and systems/games, some of which actually occured!

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » December 30th, 2021, 11:06 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Comments like the one you referenced are one of the reasons I love to read old video game mags, where they make predictions on trends and systems/games, some of which actually occured!

My favorite was EGM claiming the Mega Drive could handle thousands of colors onscreen, and arcade quality sprite scaling.

They then describe their disappointment with the Japanese launch games.

Return to “Modern Gaming”