Dreams

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Dreams

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 24th, 2016, 1:14 pm

I'm watching the videos for the upcoming PS4 game, Dreams, and I'm starting to get excited about it. Media Molecule is known for their games that let players create and share their own content (LittleBigPlanet and Modnation Racers), and Dreams looks like it's taking it to the next level by literally handing you some brushes and telling you to do whatever you want. If you want to make a cartoon, do it. If you want to make a platformer, go for it. Just want to make some pretty scenery to walk around in? You can do that too. A guy like me could, theoretically make whatever I wanted with this toolset and then share it with the world (well, the people of the world who owns their own copy of the game), and since I love being creative that sounds awesome. What I'm worried about is how hard it will might to use. I've tried game using software before that brags about how easy it is to make your own games (lookin' at you, RPG Maker), and found it way too technical for me to wrap my head around. Heck, call me a simpleton, but I was never even very good at LittleBigPlanet. The only level editor I've ever been very good at is Mario Maker, and that is literally so easy that children do it. So, I dunno. Dreams could turn into my ultimate form of video game creativity, or it could just be another set of tools I don't have the patience to learn to use. What do you guys think?

Return to “Modern Gaming”