Fast Racing Neo on physical media

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Fast Racing Neo on physical media

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 26th, 2016, 4:59 pm

I'm pretty excited about this because a lot of people have requested a review!

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/fast_rac ... wii_u.html

Let hope some other formerly download-only games follow suit.
How hard could it be to slap Hydro Thunder Hurricane on a disc?

Atariboy

Re: Fast Racing Neo on physical media

Postby Atariboy » July 26th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Note that the Wii U, unlike the Xbox One and Playstation 4, is region locked. Hopefully it happens, but so far it has only been announced for PAL regions which isn't of much use for North American Wii U fans.

Never paid attention to Steamworld, but I'm definitely in for Fast Racing Neo if it occurs. 90's Arcade Racer is sadly dead on the Wii U, but hopefully Fatal Frame 5, Axion Verge, Affordable Space Adventures, Yooka Laylee, Futuridium, Kerbal Space Program, Life of Pixel, and Stardew Valley join in. Those are all Wii U eShop releases, some of which are still in development, that I either already own or have grabbed my attention.

They sure would look nice with NES Remix Pack, Wii Sports Club and DuckTales Remastered on my shelves (Previous eShop exclusives that later reached retail).

SilvaHaloOne

Postby SilvaHaloOne » July 26th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Grrr... I just purchased Fast Racing NEO a few weeks ago. Guess I'll be getting it again. I haven't played online, but have greatly enjoyed the single player. Can't wait to see your review...

zetax

Postby zetax » July 26th, 2016, 8:50 pm

I bought it back when it came out, but this will be a double-dip for me if a physical version comes to North America.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » July 27th, 2016, 7:11 am

This might be a bad sign...

SteamWorld Collection disc coming to Wii U published by Nintendo of Europe. Also coming to Americas via Rising Star Games!

https://twitter.com/ImageForm/status/757914762441322496

If Nintendo of America isn't the one publishing it here, then perhaps it's a sign that the eShop Selects line isn't in our future. Hopefully at worse, independent publishers like Rising Star Games take up the slack as is happening in this particular instance and we're not left without Fast Racing Neo or any other treats that Europe gets.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 10th, 2016, 7:12 pm

The latest round of Nintendo Selects releases, which this program falls under in Europe, were announced by Nintendo of America a day or two ago. Alas, there was no Fast Racing Neo anywhere to be seen, nor any other eShop exclusives.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » September 26th, 2016, 11:57 pm

No plans for release.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/0 ... n_the_grid

Sounds like Nintendo of Europe was the driving force behind this reaching retail, and that the boys up in Redmond apparently don't share their colleague's enthusiasm over this title. So don't hold your breath that this will reach store shelves in North America.

Return to “Modern Gaming”