Xbox One S Launch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
scotland

Xbox One S Launch

Postby scotland » August 2nd, 2016, 10:54 am

Ars Technica has a preview of the new system http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/08/xbox-one-s-the-smaller-handsomer-4k-ier-system-weve-been-looking-for-embargo-82-0900-edt/

The new, much smaller, 2 terrabyte hard drive, quieter, Xbox One S is selling on Amazon for $400. No pack-in title that I can see. The power brick is gone too. Its got a new GPU that may boost visuals on some games. There is some debate on exactly what the 4k and HDR will do for video games, although it seems to have some benefit with Netflix and cutting edge televisions.

Shapur

Re: Xbox One S Launch

Postby Shapur » August 2nd, 2016, 4:13 pm

The Xbox One S looks like a pretty bad deal to me. The Scorpio is only a year away so why pay a premium price for old tech?

A 500 GB Xbox One is going for 246 bucks with a game on Amazon right now. I believe the Xbox supports external hard drives so the extra storage isn't that great a deal. If you REALLY want storage Amazon has a 5TB external drive for $135.

It seems like the only way this is a really good deal is if you want a 4K Blu ray player and don't have an Xbox. In that case, especially with the quieter fan, I could see picking this up.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » August 2nd, 2016, 9:37 pm

For some reason I see Best Buy bundling a 4K TV and this little guy together. Else, how else does one get 4k content? We have Comcast and it blows at 1080i only. We still don't have 1080p. The only things we have at 1080p in our house are Netflix and Blu-rays.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » August 3rd, 2016, 12:46 am

UHD's pump out beautiful 4k. With colors so rich your eyes will melt. That is if they don't get cut by the sharpness of the image.

Return to “Modern Gaming”