Metal Gear Survive

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sut

Metal Gear Survive

Postby Sut » August 18th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Just watched a video on Metal Gear Survive on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/tIVXySyp4sg

Metal Gear is one of my favourite series but this will be a title without Kojima's input and.....

I hate the sound of it already, alternative timeline, wormholes and other nonsense. Now I know Metal Gear is a bit outlandish at times but I don't like the way it's sounding will wait and see.

For me Konami would have been better reimagining the original two 8-bit Metal Gear games.

Rev

Re: Metal Gear Survive

Postby Rev » August 18th, 2016, 5:47 pm

The IGN video for MG Survive has a huge dislike to like ratio... Kind of interesting. I honestly hope that this game tanks as this looks like it has nothing to do with the Metal Gear series and is more of a cash grab... I understand new IPs cost money but if Konami was going to do this it should have been under a different title. They're trying to use MG to promote this seemingly unrelated game.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Metal Gear Survive

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 19th, 2016, 3:16 pm

The story sounds like a freaking fanfiction.

"Okay, so, um, the good guys win, and the place blew up, yeah, but instead of killing all the bad guys... oh, a portal opens up in the sky and sucks them all up into it! And there are, uh, zombies there! No wait, unicorn zombies! And they have to fight 'em! And they gotta work together and learn the true meaning of friendship!"

"what does that have to do with Metal Gear Solid?"

"Well, it's got the same characters, duuuuh! Now just wait till you hear my Harry Potter/Sephiroth yaoi dating sim idea!"

Return to “Modern Gaming”