Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 4th, 2016, 4:29 pm

Overwatch is all the rage right now, and it's gotten me in the mood for a fun, cartoonish team based online shooter (even though I suck at shooters). Problem is, I don't have a PS4 to play Overwatch. I have Team Fortress 2, but my laptop's not really the best gaming rig. Has anyone played Garden Warfare? It looks like it could fit the bill, but I'm worried that 1. there won't be anyone still online after this long, and 2. that it would be, I dunno, a kiddie shooter. Fun for kids who don't know how to play "real" shooters, but lacking depth and strategy for older gamers. What do you think? Is it worth a buy?

Steve

Re: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare?

Postby Steve » September 4th, 2016, 8:11 pm

I was hugely disappointed in this game. While I am also terrible at shooters, I thought I would give it a try due to the fairly positive reviews and the inexpensive price at the time. I was happy to see there are still people playing this (end of May for frame of reference) but graphically, it was glitchy beyond belief. For me, it was almost to the point of being unplayable. While I liked that I was able to score some kills, it just wasn't fun due to the glitches. I don't think it was related to my connection or anything else since I have played other games online without issue and I don't think it was related to the host connection either since it happened in multiple sessions. While I didn't try it, the second game seems like a better experience.

ActRaiser

Re: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare?

Postby ActRaiser » September 6th, 2016, 11:22 pm

I played the heck out of it on the Xbox One. No glitches for me and I really enjoyed it. The thing about it is - if you suck, well, it's all in good fun. I don't get stressed out or hyped that folks may be AFK versus on Halo for instance. I was able to jump in a quick game on the Xbox One a few weeks ago with no trouble. I don't play it a lot now due to the kiddo but can certainly recommend it.

They've added more modes and different game types since the original launch as well. The only thing you'll find annoying is that you'll need an EA account. Once it's setup you'll have no trouble and will promptly forget you had to set one up. That's my only negative to it.

Return to “Modern Gaming”