Legend of Zelda BOW possibly delayed again?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Rookie1

Legend of Zelda BOW possibly delayed again?

Postby Rookie1 » November 16th, 2016, 8:01 am

After all of the other delays, looks like Zelda might be delayed once more. This time missing the launch date of the Switch. This is getting a little comical now.

http://goodnewsgaming.com/2016/11/zelda ... -date.html

Rev

Re: Legend of Zelda BOW possibly delayed again?

Postby Rev » November 16th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Honestly I would rather Nintendo take their time with the game then rush it out the door. If that means delaying it again, go for it. In an age where developers throw games out that are full of bugs and glitches and say "we'll patch it up later", Nintendo is actually taking their time with this. However, this originally being a launch title for the Switch will leave some holes in their opening lineup. I think this being a launch title is the biggest problem I have. If this was meant to come out in the middle of a console's lifespan then I wouldn't care too much, however I'm not sure how many games the Switch plans to have at launch and Nintendo really needs a good lineup from the start. Also, I would I wonder if they'll even bother with a Wii U release now..This could come back to bite them that they're releasing the switch without this game.

David

Postby David » November 17th, 2016, 12:36 pm

Would this even be considered a delay technically? I remember them saying it would release in 2017, but not the Switch launch. I read somewhere that a new 3D Mario may be a launch title, and if that ends up being the case, maybe it's best they not blow their load at launch and save some games for later in the year. I have to believe a new Metroid game will be ready for next year too. What's Retro been up to lately?

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » November 26th, 2016, 10:52 am

If it helps them get it right, I'm glad to see it.

I just hope it doesn't hurt the Wii U version in some way. I've already been somewhat worried that it could end up a digital exclusive given the small install base and late release, as I see it selling well under a million copies worldwide. And if it launches say 6 months into the lifespan of the Switch when people are starting to look forward to Christmas, the pool of interested Wii U owners yet to upgrade will be that much smaller.

But at least I'll have Twilight Princess HD to tide me over thanks to Wal-Mart having it for $25 on Thursday. Didn't even have to fight the crowds. I showed up 4 hours after the sale started and somehow, most of the games were still available.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 26th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Atariboy wrote:If it helps them get it right, I'm glad to see it.

I just hope it doesn't hurt the Wii U version in some way. I've already been somewhat worried that it could end up a digital exclusive given the small install base and late release, as I see it selling well under a million copies worldwide. And if it launches say 6 months into the lifespan of the Switch when people are starting to look forward to Christmas, the pool of interested Wii U owners yet to upgrade will be that much smaller.

But at least I'll have Twilight Princess HD to tide me over thanks to Wal-Mart having it for $25 on Thursday. Didn't even have to fight the crowds. I showed up 4 hours after the sale started and somehow, most of the games were still available.

To be frank, it is not surprised that Legend of Zelda BOW is delayed considering how huge the game is, and from new rumors from Laura Kate Dale: https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/8 ... wsrc%5Etfw the Nintendo Switch version will come out first with the Wii U port a week later because Nintendo is doing the same thing like Twilight Princess of releasing the Wii version first, and the GameCube version later on to priorities the newer system versions for sales reasiosn.

It is a shame that this is going to be the last big Wii U in mind multi-platform game that pushes more of the Wii U then average, because this and Yooka-Laylee are the two big swan songs of the Wii U in terms of pushing the system to the limits. Because lets face it, if Nintendo did not kill the Wii U like they are doing, we could have seen the true technical potential of the system for exclusives/multiplatform games made with a higher standards to show what was possible if the system was utilized right.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » November 27th, 2016, 1:30 pm

Considering this game has been delayed since 2015, if it is anything less than amazing upon release it will be inexcusable.

Return to “Modern Gaming”