Super Mario Run (mobile)

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
astrodomekid

Re: Super Mario Run (mobile)

Postby astrodomekid » January 6th, 2017, 6:29 pm

I would say "I'll stick with Sonic Runners, thank you very much", but sadly that game was shut down and no longer works on my phone. :(

scotland

Postby scotland » January 31st, 2017, 10:51 am

As of today, Super Mario Run has 78 million downloads, and about 5% of those (say 4 million) have ponied up the $10 for the full game. That's about $40 million dollars right there. The game is still only on Apple products, but is moving to Android products about when the Switch rolls out.

It has me thinking 2 different things. 1) If Nintendo can make this kind of money in the mobile market (and so quickly), why not use a portion of that to drive down the price of the Switch (or at least include a pack-in game) to build on the mobile success and 2) Maybe their future is in mobile gaming anyway. Mobile tech is going to continue to get better, and there is a need for brands in mobile people can trust.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » February 1st, 2017, 2:23 am

Nintendo ought to build this game in with the Switch. It could be a little time waster on the system, you know? i think that's what they should go for. It's like Face Raiders. It's a fun little time waster, that's it. Wonder why Nintendo wouldn't do this.

Return to “Modern Gaming”