Switch Impressions

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
LoganRuckman

Re: Switch Impressions

Postby LoganRuckman » April 1st, 2017, 8:41 pm

scotland wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:The Nintendo Switch is a go to console for Japanese Games/niche games/Indies/Nintendo 1st Party/retro games and remasters/cartoony platformers for its game library. Anyone agree/disagree with what I just wrote?

Nope. The story now is its getting indie games like Minecraft Story Mode at $10 more than you can buy it elsewhere ($40 to $30). Plus, digital games will have the same cost as physical. Maybe its the cart media, but that was not such an issue for the 3DS. Higher prices could lead to lower sales, leading to indies leaving the platform as not worth the effort.

If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo is allowing the Indies to set their own pricing. I could be wrong, though, so please correct me if I am.

Rookie1

Re: Switch Impressions

Postby Rookie1 » April 3rd, 2017, 8:02 am

LoganRuckman wrote:
scotland wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:The Nintendo Switch is a go to console for Japanese Games/niche games/Indies/Nintendo 1st Party/retro games and remasters/cartoony platformers for its game library. Anyone agree/disagree with what I just wrote?

Nope. The story now is its getting indie games like Minecraft Story Mode at $10 more than you can buy it elsewhere ($40 to $30). Plus, digital games will have the same cost as physical. Maybe its the cart media, but that was not such an issue for the 3DS. Higher prices could lead to lower sales, leading to indies leaving the platform as not worth the effort.

If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo is allowing the Indies to set their own pricing. I could be wrong, though, so please correct me if I am.

I hear conflicting things. The last I heard was that Nintendo was setting price points for digital content that devs had to follow in order to not detract from physical media as the production cost is high for their cartridges since they are proprietary. Who knows. Nintendo should change their name to Wemakemistakesdo #amiright

Return to “Modern Gaming”