Nintendo Switch Malfunction

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
astrodomekid

Nintendo Switch Malfunction

Postby astrodomekid » March 13th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Hey guys. On YouTube, I just uploaded a video meme to sum up the recent launch of the Nintendo Switch and the problems that the people who bought it are already having. Granted, I do not own a Switch myself, nor have I done too much research of what those problems are. But the mass of the epidemic was enough for me to see this as an opportunity. If anyone here does have a Switch that seems to be malfunctioning in one way or another, feel free to let me know about it. And... I hope you enjoy! ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRxf9rbEbM
Last edited by astrodomekid on March 22nd, 2017, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scotland

Re: Nintendo Switch Malfunction

Postby scotland » March 14th, 2017, 7:52 am

That took 7 seconds. Did you know that the first 7 seconds you meet someone is the average interval you form a first impression? Its often the time you first notice someone, and read their body language - how are they dressed, posture, moving fast or slow, cleanliness, quiet or loud, etc. Those first 7 seconds let our brain begin to work on how we should react to them.

As a gift of 7 seconds to everyone else, don't bother with the "that escalated fast" meme link.

If anyone wants to talk about the actual launch issues of the console, have at it. Things like that the brand new dock that scratches the plastic screen, dead pixels, overheating, small internal memory, internal only game saves, and other things are actual issues. Nintendo should put reasonable efforts into either addressing or consumers should understand the relative quality of the product versus its price.

Unfortunately, there is only one model at the moment, but the future could bring Switch hardware revisions that address some of these issues if consumers care enough about any of them. One of my complaints about the Switch is the price, for which I expect a product with the same fine build quality I find on my best Nintendo handhelds.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 14th, 2017, 9:30 am

I have to admit the issues I'm seeing reported make me think maybe it's okay to wait a little while before purchasing this console - maybe a month or two.

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » March 15th, 2017, 4:14 am

I think that popular video on youtube that shows all of those malfunctions and graphical hard locks during Zelda and joy-con disconnects and screens scratched and stuff is exaggerating these issues out of proportion. Nintendo has sold 1.5 million Switches worldwide so far, there's bound to be some that are defective.

The joy-con disconnects though, that appears to be widespread and someone even discovered a fix by soldering a wire inside of the left joy-con to the antenna that fixes the issue, suggesting that it is a design defect. If it really is a defect then Nintendo needs to own up to it like Microsoft eventually did with the RRoD.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » March 16th, 2017, 11:22 am

MoarRipter wrote:I think that popular video on youtube that shows all of those malfunctions and graphical hard locks during Zelda and joy-con disconnects and screens scratched and stuff is exaggerating these issues out of proportion. Nintendo has sold 1.5 million Switches worldwide so far, there's bound to be some that are defective.

The joy-con disconnects though, that appears to be widespread and someone even discovered a fix by soldering a wire inside of the left joy-con to the antenna that fixes the issue, suggesting that it is a design defect. If it really is a defect then Nintendo needs to own up to it like Microsoft eventually did with the RRoD.

They just issued a statement saying they will take care of the issues, but who knows what that will mean.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/10/nintend ... ng-issues/

Its just weird how some have the joy-con problem and some dont. If its a hardware issue like soldering a wire to the right place, then why only some and not all? Weird.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » March 16th, 2017, 2:39 pm

That's why I have never and will never buy a new console within the first 2 years of it's launch :)

Return to “Modern Gaming”