Amnesia Collection vs Outlast

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Amnesia Collection vs Outlast

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 14th, 2017, 9:12 am

I just found out that the Playstation store has all three Amnesia games (in a bundle) and Outlast. I'm not usually into scary games. Silent Hill didn't scare me, Resident Evil 4 didn't scare me, Dead Space didn't scare me, and I only found Fatal Frame moderately creepy. But I hear these are both some of the best the genre has to offer. Which one do you guys recommend? Amnesia has all three games for $30 and Outlast is by itself for $20, or you can get the first game and Whistleblower together for $28.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Amnesia Collection vs Outlast

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 15th, 2017, 1:11 am

Decided to go with Outlast because I hear that was the more "intense" one of the two. And you know... I'm starting to think I'll never find a game that'll actually scare me. Don't get me wrong, the game is well made and I can definitely see how people could be scared of it, I'm just not. One thing that definitely made it less scary for me is how when the psychos try to attack you the game tells you to find a hiding place, but I've found it was just as effective to simply sidestep them and run to the next objective, sidestep them again, repeat. Even the big hulking Nemesis-ish dude isn't very intimidating when you just have to hold down the sprint button get away from him.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Amnesia Collection vs Outlast

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 15th, 2017, 7:25 am

Sorry I just saw this as I would have said.. Outlast.. wait until it is half price. I did not find it scary. The subject matter is very good and it is an interesting story. Once I beat this game I never went back to it. Also the graphics were hardly top notch.

For jumps and scares I recommend alien on the ps4. I played it on the 1 and for me it was an A plus game. The alien was always jumping out or getting me. Very scary. Should be played in a dark room late at night.

Return to “Modern Gaming”