E3 Wishlist

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BanjoPickles

E3 Wishlist

Postby BanjoPickles » May 21st, 2017, 5:22 pm

With E3 fast approaching, I have started dreaming up my list. Some of the games on my list have a good chance, while others are a total pipe dream. My list goes something like this:

1). Nintendo FINALLY unveils the Virtual Console service for Switch. Rather than rerelease the same service/games as before, they revise the price to fit with the times. NES, Game Boy, Snes games are priced by tier: games such as Urban Champion, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong, and Excitebike will be priced at $1.99 while games like Legend of Zelda, Mario 2, 3 and Punch Out will sell for $2.99. Licensed games, rarities, and imports will go for $4.99. GameCube will FINALLY be included, but the big surprise is the full partnership of Sega, as part of their most recent commitment to mining their legacy. Select games from their Master System-Dreamcast catalogs will be released. The revival of the VC service on 3DS is also revealed.

2). Shenmue HD Collection unveiled, along with a trailer for Shenmue III that reveals the release date.

3). Third party surprises for the Switch.

4). Sony surprises everybody by revealing a new handheld that works in tandem with the PS4. They took a beating with the Vita, sure, but they seem to be "inspired" by Nintendo whenever they are successful.

5). Nintendo unveils new entries in in the Smash Bros series, Mario Maker Deluxe, a wave bird replica for GameCube VC, Animal Crossing Switch.

6). New Battletoads is finally revealed!

David

Re: E3 Wishlist

Postby David » May 21st, 2017, 7:48 pm

Not a huge fan of Battletoads, but everything else I totally agree with. Virtual Console I feel is almost a lock, but I'd bet that the pricing will be similar to before with $4.99 NES/Gameboy/Game Gear games, and everything else approaching $9.99. I'd also love a new Sony handheld. If they completely aped Nintendo and made a "PS4P" that was the PS4 version of the Switch, that'd be amazing. Not sure how storage would work though. The flash memory needed would be ungodly expensive and putting an HDD isn't really feasible.

1. A new Metroid game is announced, available this fall for the Switch. I thought By Prime 3 the formula was a little stale so I'd prefer a 2D version, but at this point I don't really care.

2. Square-Enix announces a sequel to Chrono Trigger/Cross. Not sure how'd they find the time to make this game since they already have a lot on their plate, but I'd love to see a new entry.

3. Dragon Quest XI gets a fall release date for the US.

4. A new Punch-Out game is announced for Switch. Although, they might be positioning Arms to take the place of Punch-Out in their stable of franchises.

5. PS4 magically becomes backwards compatible with most PS1 classics and PS3 games, allowing you to transfer your digital titles to PS4.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » May 27th, 2017, 10:54 am

My entire list:

There is any Wii U game there, anywhere, that is not Just Dance.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » May 27th, 2017, 9:36 pm

I really do wish Nintendo would finally get its act together when it comes to Virtual Console, but I'm becoming less and less optimistic about that as time goes on, especially since they keep insisting on charging 5 bucks for freaking Urban Champion.

But I really want a version of Smash for the Switch, even if it's just a deluxe version of Smash 4. It could have all the stages from both the 3DS and Wii U version and maybe some extra characters (Ice Climbers, anyone?). Oh, and of course a corresponding GameCube controller adapter, hopefully one that supports more games than just Smash.

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » May 27th, 2017, 10:37 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:New Battletoads is finally revealed!

I second this. Rare is finally acknowledging its existence once again as of recently and now would be a great time to make a new and obviously brutally difficult Battletoads game to torture a new generation of gamers.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » May 28th, 2017, 4:00 am

Can we just please get Bully 2? It's about time for a sequel.

And uh....*cough*......a new game in a certain series by Valve where the main character uses a crowbar......maybe?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 28th, 2017, 9:19 am

I would love to see Sega resurrect old-school classics like Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, and Thunder Force for the Switch. If any system was geared to the old school, it's this one. I mean, they just released a Tetris game for Pete's sake.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » May 29th, 2017, 7:12 am

I think this is the year of retro companies.

I have high hopes that Sega kills it this year. I would really hope Nintendo gets their sh_t together and actually tries to get people excited about the switch, but with their nintendo direct stuff, they just do their own thing as usual.

E3 is kind of worthless with the internet and all, and how many casuals even know what it is? But the big N needs non-fandboys on their side. Hope they can get that done before the holidays. errr...hopefully they can actually get stuff in their empty dusty retail shelves before the holidays too.

Return to “Modern Gaming”