Tekken 7

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Tekken 7

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2017, 11:42 am

I noticed one of my favorite old franchises is back this week: Tekken 7!
I'll probably pick it up for the PS4.
Looking at the cover I didn't see any "online only" warning stickers so that's a good sign.
I noticed there's a collector's edition with a statue, but it doesn't seem available any more. Not sure what to make of that statue.
Anybody else interested in this game?

Rookie1

Re: Tekken 7

Postby Rookie1 » May 29th, 2017, 7:06 am

I remember when tekken 2 came out, me and my buddies camped out in his front yard, rigged a shady extensions cord up to an old CRT and the PS1 and played it all night in an effort to unlock all the secret we could find in the tips & tricks magazine.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » June 2nd, 2017, 7:08 pm

I played some Tekken 7 today on PC. It's the same old Tekken without much innovation, but plenty of polish. I guess it's more-or-less what I wanted. I don't like the Tag Tournament style Tekkens so the next solo fighter is what I've been waiting for. I like that they didn't change my favorite character's moves very much (referring to Alisa). There's a very robust single-player story that I will probably never touch, devoting 100% of my time to competition.

nickseitler

Postby nickseitler » June 16th, 2017, 11:11 am

Dave, it's Nick, as you know I'm a big fan of fighting games and especially trophy hunting! I loved Tekken 7, I got the platinum trophy in this game already and I enjoyed doing so, so much fun in story and customization

Return to “Modern Gaming”