Horizon Zero Dawn's Stealth SUCKS!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Horizon Zero Dawn's Stealth SUCKS!

Postby DaHeckIzDat » July 30th, 2017, 2:09 pm

I normally love stealth games. There's something incredibly satisfying about sneaking up on your enemies one by one and killing them without them even knowing you're there. When I play the Arkham games, I enjoy the stealth sections even more than I do the brawling ones. And yet, that's exactly what I hate about Horizon Zero Dawn. The whole system feels broken to me. I'm on the part where you clear out the cultist camps in Revenge of the Nora. There are so many enemies in one place that staying out of sight is practically impossible! The only place you can hide is in the red grass (I even think they can see you through the walls sometimes), and the minute you step out of it, "THERE SHE IS! GET HER!" I've probably done this stupid mission twenty times, and no matter what I try nothing works. The minute you come out of cover, they're all over you. And since this seems to be a stealth-centric game, I'm not sure if I've got it in my to play much more of it. Am I missing something here? What is everybody praising this game for?

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn's Stealth SUCKS!

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 10th, 2017, 4:14 pm

All right, so I've figured out the trick. You find a spot of tall grass, never leave it, and whistle all your enemies over and stealth kill them. The whistle only ever attracts one person at a time, and they'll keep coming over no matter how many of their buddies' corpses are piled up at the edge of the grass. I didn't want to do this at first because it feels like cheating, but this seems like it's the only way to do the stealth segments. Not sure how I feel about this. At least I beat the mission, I guess...

Return to “Modern Gaming”