slim white xbox one

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
imderfnz

slim white xbox one

Postby imderfnz » August 24th, 2017, 7:06 pm

should i buy it even if i don't have broadband internet can it play games offline and does it come with the day 1 update already installed on it ? i really liked the xbox 360 better then the ps3 so should i get it or go back to the PS4 ? and everyone please answer me this time so i can stop asking this questions okay ?

Stalvern

Re: slim white xbox one

Postby Stalvern » August 24th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Just get a PS4.

imderfnz

Postby imderfnz » August 24th, 2017, 11:21 pm

that's all you have to say get a ps4 no explanation why i shouldn't get the xbox one ? everybody says the xbox one can be played offline without an update or the day 1 update is already installed on the new white slim xbox one.

Rev

Postby Rev » August 24th, 2017, 11:50 pm

For something more helpful...

I'm pretty sure all xbox ones require a day one patch but I'm not 100% sure. It's definitely doable to play the xbox one without the patches but games are constantly updated so you might encounter games that are buggy or a mess and you won't have the patches to fix them. I'm not sure on the setup for it but I'm pretty sure the console requires lots of updates here and there. You can go to xbox.com and download the vital patches and then usb them to your console though.

imderfnz

Postby imderfnz » August 25th, 2017, 12:28 am

Rev wrote:For something more helpful...

I'm pretty sure all xbox ones require a day one patch but I'm not 100% sure. It's definitely doable to play the xbox one without the patches but games are constantly updated so you might encounter games that are buggy or a mess and you won't have the patches to fix them. I'm not sure on the setup for it but I'm pretty sure the console requires lots of updates here and there. You can go to xbox.com and download the vital patches and then usb them to your console though.

how do you do that what usb do i have to buy that can do that ?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » August 25th, 2017, 7:56 am

The games that are unique to an Xbox One typically require downloads, at least with the Halo games. As a result, if that's why you're interested in an Xbox One that's something you should be aware of. If you don't care about those games then you might consider a PS4. You're not going to go wrong with either console.

Frankly, there are way too many games to enjoy all of them on either console you pick. I don't believe you'll get buyers remorse. Typically, with the PS4 the install times for games are far quicker and its an overall more game centric experience. With the Xbox it's more of a universal tv/gaming solution. At least that's how I have it setup.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » August 25th, 2017, 1:13 pm

imderfnz wrote:how do you do that what usb do i have to buy that can do that ?

USB is USB. Any storage device with that connection will work (which means basically any storage device that you can buy in 2017).

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » August 27th, 2017, 9:31 am

I honestly don't think the current-gen systems are worth owning without a stable high-speed internet connection (except maybe the Switch). Doesn't mean they're inherently terrible, but my recommendation would be to stick to the PS2 era and maybe consider an Xbox 360.

Return to “Modern Gaming”