Anyone try Redout?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
zetax

Anyone try Redout?

Postby zetax » September 7th, 2017, 10:55 pm

I see the futuristic racer Redout has received a physical release. Anyone give it a try yet? Looks a lot like Fast Racing Neo on the Wii U...

Stalvern

Re: Anyone try Redout?

Postby Stalvern » September 7th, 2017, 11:48 pm

Redout looks like Wipeout HD without the weapons. Fast Racing Neo looks like a floatier F-Zero GX (even down to the cylinders and pipes). I'm sure that they're decently fun, but I don't know why I would ever play them instead of what they're imitating. If I don't feel like Wipeout or F-Zero, I can play something actually different, like Quantum Redshift or Fatal Inertia.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 9th, 2017, 12:04 pm

I'm really interested in getting this for the Switch, but a little concerned.
Somebody who posted a review for the PS4 version on Amazon mentioned you needed to be online to play the single-player campaign. If that is true, it'll be a real turn-off. If anyone can confirm, I'd appreciate it.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » September 10th, 2017, 8:12 am

Switch just has wifi, which would mean such a decision would cripple it from a portable standpoint.

So one would hope that even if mere logic isn't enough to prevent such an unnecessary mandate, that Nintendo's own policies would prevent such nonsense from happening. So hopefully it will be one of the perks of the Switch for the offline fan, since it's aimed to be utilized at times outside of the range of your home wifi network.

If not, there's going to be some awfully annoyed portable fans if more developers pull this Xbox/Playstation style nonsense.

Return to “Modern Gaming”