Going Home

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
GameOfThrones

Going Home

Postby GameOfThrones » October 8th, 2017, 12:41 pm

This game is free at the present time if you have an xbone. Like most of the indie titles on the xbox it is of varying quality.

This is why I stopped buying indie games. It is basically an interactive story masquerading as game. I will not ruin the story for anyone who wants to play it.

Really telling is one of the achievements is that you can beat the game in a minute.

For me this was a really piece of software. I liked the story but when you consider this "game" was originally 16 credits (dollars. pounds, euros) you get an idea that it was over priced for what you were actually getting.

Some other turkeys released were
Deer god which you will be saying after playing it. A procedurally generated platform game.. just no.
Plus z heros... which is fitting as it is a zero game. It wanted to be streets of rage and failed.

I have so many of them in my library and you play them once and say eh? I am not sure I want to go back to the days of a C64.

JWK

Re: Going Home

Postby JWK » October 16th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Gone Home (for me) was just a small step above garbage. I can understand being sticker shocked, but the truly outrageous thing was reviewers and mainstream game critics giving it Game of the Year nominations. Yes, I get that it's subjective, but in a game with pretty banal puzzles, you better get the story right. Which beyond the novelty of "ZOMG! Gay daughter in the 90's!" amounted to almost nothing. When I finished the game I considered it a huge waste of time. Luckily, I didn't pay for it as it was a freebie on PS Plus a while ago.

Return to “Modern Gaming”