It is official, the Xbox One is a no go for smaller/mid size physical games!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
GameOfThrones

Re: It is official, the Xbox One is a no go for smaller/mid size physical games!

Postby GameOfThrones » November 2nd, 2017, 2:14 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
GameOfThrones wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:
Well the Nintendo Switch is getting Doom 2016 next month and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus next year. So the console may get strong AAA third party support if the ports sell well.

Doom on the Snes,Saturn,ps1,xbox,gba,360,n64 played all versions to death. That is because it was Doom made by ID software. Now it is Doom made by Bethesda (different company using the ID software tag but nothing to do with them). Doom the critic liked it, I bought it on the strength of that. It is an okay game but just does not have the magic of the original series. It is coming to the small screen. It will be interesting to see if they do anything with the MP which was pretty boring. I tell you this as I have put 40 hours into it on the one.
Wolfy, had it on the pc and it was great. Then on the Jag and it was great. Then Return to castle wolfy. This is the classic game made by ID software. Just everything you want in a game. Huge with a great story. I had it on xboxx,
Besthesda buys ID. First Wolfy game they put out is about magical super weapons. The game is short. The MP is awful. So much so that they sack the entire MP team two weeks after they released it. Then on the 1 they release new blood and old blood woly. I get new blood, play it and like it but it has zero replayability. then I get old blood. Never finish it. New blood 2 comes out and total apathy reigns in my thought process. I just wish they would bring out a redux of Return to Castle wolfenstein rather than keep trying to make a better game as they cannot.
That is the one of the two AAA titles coming out by third party software companies. You play it if you want. Me I will wait for it to get to 10 bucks. Though I hear Fifa is really good.
Though skyrim for the system you love, that will be interesting if it ever comes out.
There are so many indie games for the one. You really do not need a physical disc for a 2gig game. No point.

The FIFA 18 port for Switch sucks and this post also makes little to no sense!

You want to say the switch is making in roads in to major game companies. They are not. Maybe next year but not this one.
I hear Fifa is great 18 on Switch is great. Though it was not powerful enough to run the new frostbite engine and that is why they had to cut down on the scope of the game.
It is a shame really as I think the switch could do with a good UFC game on it.

Sonicx9

Re: It is official, the Xbox One is a no go for smaller/mid size physical games!

Postby Sonicx9 » November 2nd, 2017, 5:18 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:
GameOfThrones wrote:I fall into your trap every time.

This is the same story about the lack of Japanese games you posted the last time you wanted to knock the xbox 1.

Japanese developers are not bringing out their indie game for the xbox one. What is does not say is what your title says. So unless you have any further evidence I think you need to start being positive about some game systems.

I will start. I play Chaos engine on my pc for an hour today. I think it was Soldier of fortune on the genesis. I really enjoyed it and got way further that I have ever got on it. Those old bitmap brothers games were really hard. Though when they made them for the Amiga there was nothing like them on any other system

This post made little to no sense!

Makes perfect sense. You always post these I hate xbone posts and I reply to them. The dodgy source you used only talks about some Japanese games. Remember the list of 70 games not coming to the 1. This is the same post. Dude, if it is new I can understand it. This is the same story as the one you did last time. As such your whole post makes no sense.

I just suggested you be positive for a change.

I will simply say I am not a fan of the Xbox One console because it lakes the variety of Japanese/Indie/Smaller to mid size games compared to the competition. Yes the Xbox One has more western AAA support compared to the Nintendo Switch. It just I am not a fan of most western AAA games as most of them simply do not interest me, and I can not stand FPS games,

GameOfThrones wrote:You want to say the switch is making in roads in to major game companies. They are not. Maybe next year but not this one.
I hear Fifa is great 18 on Switch is great. Though it was not powerful enough to run the new frostbite engine and that is why they had to cut down on the scope of the game.
It is a shame really as I think the switch could do with a good UFC game on it.

You say Fifa 18 on Switch is great, it got mixed reviews compared to PS4, Xbox One, and PC.: http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/fifa-18 and http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fifa-18 and http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-18 and http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/fifa-18, but strangely the Switch port got a higher user review scores compared to the critic, ironic enough? You say frostbite 3 can not run on the Nintendo Switch. The ironic part it runs on the Xbox 360/PS3.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite_(game_engine)#cite_note-33, it could be that EA is lazy/hates Nintendo!

Return to “Modern Gaming”