Xbox One Game Pass

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Steve

Xbox One Game Pass

Postby Steve » January 23rd, 2018, 11:12 am

I'm not sure if anyone here has used Xbox One Game Pass, but the announcement today certainly makes it clear the route Microsoft is going. I won't link to anything since I'm sure it will be posted on various sites throughout the day but here is the main point.

"Moving forward, we plan to release all new Xbox One exclusive games from Microsoft Studios into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. This means that when Sea of Thieves launches on March 20, it will be included in Xbox Game Pass to all members.

This plan to bring new games timed with their global release into Xbox Game Pass not only includes announced titles like Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3 but future unannounced games from Microsoft Studios including new iterations of our biggest Xbox One exclusive franchises such as Halo, Forza and Gears of War, on the same day they launch."

I know most people here, including myself, prefer physical copies but as a person who usually just plays a game once, this seems like it might be a game changer. I know this only includes Microsoft Studios games and there aren't many of those but Game Pass is turning out to be a pretty good deal.

I also noticed in the e-mail the following comment....."By working closely with retail partners, Xbox Game Pass will have valuable ambassadors in popular destinations for gamers to discover new and exciting games and enjoy community." I can't help but wonder how these "retail partners" will deal with this.

GameOfThrones

Re: Xbox One Game Pass

Postby GameOfThrones » February 13th, 2018, 2:59 am

I have looked at it. When sea of thieves comes out I might think about it.

It is like Games with Gold. You will see a few games in my worst of the worst post that are from them. Games that are just so bad they are not worth playing. I do feel that that might be the problem with this games pass.
100 games and at least 80 of them are trash.
I had EA games pass. The problem with it was there were not enough good games on it. It has not changed in the years I have had it. Now I have it no longer.
Though the MS one looks better.

ESauce

Re: Xbox One Game Pass

Postby ESauce » February 13th, 2018, 11:26 pm

It seems like 80% of the games on game pass are ones that were free with gold at some point, so as someone who has had a gold subscription the majority of the last ten years, there’s not much in game pass that interests me.

That said, my wife wants to play Sea of Thieves and games generally don’t hold her attention for longer than a month, so a month of game pass will be well worth it for me when that releases.

Return to “Modern Gaming”