Playstation Now?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Playstation Now?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 23rd, 2018, 4:51 pm

Does anybody use Playstation Now? I've heard mixed reviews on it, some people saying it work great but others saying the controller lag that comes with streaming games makes them unplayable. What do you think?

ptdebate

Re: Playstation Now?

Postby ptdebate » January 23rd, 2018, 5:40 pm

I tried it once with a 60Mbps connection. It was unplayable. Looked like streaming a 240p video and was very laggy.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 23rd, 2018, 10:50 pm

Anyone else? I've been watching and reading reviews all day, and they seem split down the middle for "it works" and "unplayable." I'm curious what makes the difference.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » January 24th, 2018, 9:34 am

It's going to be your connection. Are you using Wi-Fi? How many other devices on your network are also using Wi-Fi? How is your cable connection, etc. Best case, try it and see if it works. If it doesn't then you'll want to research ways to improve your Internet connection (or cancel and don't use it).

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » January 24th, 2018, 1:29 pm

I'm with Actraiser on this one. Best way to know is to just try it. Is there a free trial? If not, just rent the cheapest game and give it a go. If it works, great. If not, well now you know.

Strong recommendation, though - connect your console to wired internet, not WiFi. The PS4 has a very weak wireless receiver. I can promise you it will never work that way.

Return to “Modern Gaming”