Super Smash Bros announced for Switch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

Re: Super Smash Bros announced for Switch

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » March 13th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Only time will tell, The Direct from Nintendo mentioned it's coming out this year but I find that really hard to believe unless this is an expanded Sma4h with more characters, stages, and music. If that's the case Nintendo better know what the heck they are doing as many are wanting for this game than (word of mouth, and online) Red Dead Redemption 2, and Days Gone.

eneuman96

Re: Super Smash Bros announced for Switch

Postby eneuman96 » March 13th, 2018, 11:19 pm

I initially said that it's more likely that this is a port of 4 than a new game, but there's actually plenty of fairly solid proof that this is a new game:

- The logo is different from 4, and Nintendo has historically made it very clear when their games are ports and when they are new games.
- The presentation of the trailer feels more grandiose and dramatic than any of Nintendo's port trailers.
- The title just being "Super Smash Bros" in the trailer gives off the impression that it's merely a working title, and the fact that it isn't called "Super Smash Bros Deluxe" or something to that effect speaks volumes.
- Bandai Namco, who worked on 4, is not credited in the trailer. Additionally, the copyright information at the end would very likely say "2014-2018" rather than just "2018" if it weren't a new game.
- Masahiro Sakurai has stated that he has been working on this game in silence for a while, which would be unlikely if it were a simple port.

Sorry for the lengthy, nerdy ramble, but I figured I'd throw this evidence out there (and I am by no means the only one to make these observations).

Return to “Modern Gaming”