Sea of Thieves

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Re: Sea of Thieves

Postby Sonicx9 » April 4th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Steve wrote:
A little late, but here is a very good video that people need to watch on First Impressions Are Everything for games without patches and DLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h2msgNsGig

These extended, profanity laden rants are such a phenomenal waste of internet bandwidth in my opinion. It contains no information that an educated gamer (like just about everyone here) can find elsewhere. Can someone explain the appeal of a rant like this? Is the swearing a means to gain viewers? It's also an insult to a large section of the population. I don't think I've played any of the games referenced in the video but I can make that decision based on intelligent discussion and simple research.

People can agree or disagree with the main topic and personally I won't be playing Sea of Thieves for a couple of reasons, even as a game pass member. However, these rants just seem counterproductive. It almost makes me want to play all of the games mentioned in the video.

I mention this for the critic, because I want to show he is not alone with this problem with modern games!

Sonicx9

Re: Sea of Thieves

Postby Sonicx9 » April 4th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Steve wrote:These extended, profanity laden rants are such a phenomenal waste of internet bandwidth in my opinion. It contains no information that an educated gamer (like just about everyone here) can find elsewhere. Can someone explain the appeal of a rant like this? Is the swearing a means to gain viewers? It's also an insult to a large section of the population. I don't think I've played any of the games referenced in the video but I can make that decision based on intelligent discussion and simple research.

People can agree or disagree with the main topic and personally I won't be playing Sea of Thieves for a couple of reasons, even as a game pass member. However, these rants just seem counterproductive. It almost makes me want to play all of the games mentioned in the video.

The guy actually makes some decent points about how alarmingly quickly the masses of the Internet forget about problems the moment they're out of the spotlight and how this keeps the companies that cause them from having any accountability (this by no means applies only to the video game industry!), but it's nothing that wouldn't be better as an article. On the other hand, the idiots who are actually sticking up for these companies don't read anything long enough to require scrolling, so getting all worked-up for a ranty YouTube video is probably the most practical way to get the message through to them. But back on that first hand, the video has, uh, 133 views. So it goes.

I agree, another video about incomplete games being milked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ikLGsOF57g and talks about unnecessary product placement in games!

Return to “Modern Gaming”