Let's play Fortnite?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ptdebate

Re: Let's play Fortnite?

Postby ptdebate » April 8th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Retro STrife wrote:I get home late on Monday and Tuesday nights.. so I probably wouldn't be free until about 11 pm (Eastern time). I'm fine with playing at that time for an hour or two, if you guys are up for it. But if you guys are looking for something earlier in the evening, then Wed, Thurs, Sat, and Sunday are my best days.

11pm Eastern should be fine for me actually. That's 10pm my time. Adam?

Retro STrife wrote:
ptdebate wrote:There's a guy from work I might be able to get to join tomorrow night so we can do Squads. He's really experienced with the game.

Sounds good to me. I'm actually really surprised that we couldn't find one other person from the forums here willing to give the game a shot! But hey, better to have someone you know, rather than Squads with a random person. (I just hope he isn't one of those Rambo-style guys that thinks landing in a town is a good idea..which is 80% of Fortnite players.)

He's a pretty smart guy, so I doubt it.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 8th, 2018, 7:37 pm

My work schedule is 3pm-midnight tues-sat. So I'm available until about 2pm those days and all day Sunday and Monday

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 8th, 2018, 8:01 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:My work schedule is 3pm-midnight tues-sat. So I'm available until about 2pm those days and all day Sunday and Monday

Ok. Does the 11 pm ET work for you on Monday night (tomorrow)? Seems like the only time our work schedules will line up.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 8th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Yeah, works for me!

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 8th, 2018, 10:05 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Yeah, works for me!

In that case I'll see y'all then!

Are we all cool with voice chat? I feel like it's pretty important for a game like this.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 8th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Do you guys have Discord? I can voice chat on there, but I don't have a headset that'll pair with my PS4 that has a mic.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » April 8th, 2018, 11:11 pm

If y'all PM me I'll hop right in

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 9th, 2018, 12:57 am

ptdebate wrote:Are we all cool with voice chat? I feel like it's pretty important for a game like this.

I figured that was sort of a given, since it's so important to the game. But DaHeck is making this tricky... A lot of decent PS4 mic's are under $20. As for Discord..never heard of it.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 9th, 2018, 12:59 am

Robotrek wrote:If y'all PM me I'll hop right in

What is your PSN username?

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 9th, 2018, 2:06 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Do you guys have Discord? I can voice chat on there, but I don't have a headset that'll pair with my PS4 that has a mic.

I think the best bet is if you try to snag a cheap PS4 mic somewhere today, and then you can always return it if you don't like it. Otherwise, we will have no choice but to incessantly mock you the entire game through your TV speakers, and you'll be completely unable to defend yourself. Your dog will sense weakness and, next thing you know, he takes over the house and makes you live in the basement. The mic is a much safer bet.

Either way, keep us posted on what you decide!

Return to “Modern Gaming”