Let's play Fortnite?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
ptdebate

Let's play Fortnite?

Postby ptdebate » April 2nd, 2018, 8:45 pm

A number of folks here have spoken positively about Fortnite. Might be a fun game to get a group together for. To be honest, I have only barely dabbled in it, so I need to get with some people who understand the game and can help me learn it better.

My PSN username is howas3340 if anyone wants to add me. One big plus with Fortnite is that it's free to play so everyone should be able to download it.

Is anyone interested?

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Let's play Fortnite?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 3rd, 2018, 12:08 am

I'm down for a game! I'm Drivetwister.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 3rd, 2018, 1:36 am

It's a miracle, DaHeck! After multiple topics, and hours of us ranting and raving about this free game, we finally convinced one other person to download it. (Side note: I forget if I mentioned over and over in all my other posts that Fortnite Battle Royale is FREE and a must-play game??.. but just in case I didn't: it's FREE and a must-play game.) And even if someone else convinced ptdebate to download it, we're still taking the credit!

My PSN name is easy enough to remember: it's Retro_Strife. Feel free to add me. And I am definitely up for a game. With one more person, we could try Squads. We should figure out a night to try it out. Wednesday or Thursday night of this week would work for me.

P.S. This game is truly excellent. It continues to remain addictive for endless hours, and practicing for hours upon hours to finally obtain that elusive 1st place victory in solo mode is one of the most rewarding feelings ever in gaming. This game is gradually making a case to crack my personal list of Top 10 favorite games ever. That's pretty rare for me... in the past 10 years, only two or three other games have come close to that. And I'm not a big fan of shooters, but the cerebral part of this game is what elevates it over all other shooters for me. The fact that the game is free is just icing on the cake.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 3rd, 2018, 2:38 am

Retro STrife wrote:We should figure out a night to try it out. Wednesday or Thursday night of this week would work for me.

My work hours are weird. I work from 3pm to midnight, and the mornings, usually 9am-2pm, is my free time. I have Sundays and Mondays off, though, so I can definitely get on those nights!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 3rd, 2018, 1:39 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:We should figure out a night to try it out. Wednesday or Thursday night of this week would work for me.

My work hours are weird. I work from 3pm to midnight, and the mornings, usually 9am-2pm, is my free time. I have Sundays and Mondays off, though, so I can definitely get on those nights!

A Sunday night would usually work for me.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 8th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

I work tonight, but I'm off tomorrow. RetroStrife, could you get on with us tomorrow evening?

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 8th, 2018, 5:04 pm

I'm game for tomorrow night if you guys are! Heck, look me up sometime later tonight and I'll play too.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 8th, 2018, 5:55 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:I'm game for tomorrow night if you guys are! Heck, look me up sometime later tonight and I'll play too.

Did you get my PSN invite, by the way? I'm not sure if I got your handle right.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 8th, 2018, 5:58 pm

There's a guy from work I might be able to get to join tomorrow night so we can do Squads. He's really experienced with the game.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 8th, 2018, 7:24 pm

I get home late on Monday and Tuesday nights.. so I probably wouldn't be free until about 11 pm (Eastern time). I'm fine with playing at that time for an hour or two, if you guys are up for it. But if you guys are looking for something earlier in the evening, then Wed, Thurs, Sat, and Sunday are my best days.

ptdebate wrote:There's a guy from work I might be able to get to join tomorrow night so we can do Squads. He's really experienced with the game.

Sounds good to me. I'm actually really surprised that we couldn't find one other person from the forums here willing to give the game a shot! But hey, better to have someone you know, rather than Squads with a random person. (I just hope he isn't one of those Rambo-style guys that thinks landing in a town is a good idea..which is 80% of Fortnite players.)

Return to “Modern Gaming”