Vita Games?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: Vita Games?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 22nd, 2018, 9:40 pm

Has anyone used one of those "controller grip" things with the Vita? How big a difference does that make?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 23rd, 2018, 5:40 pm

This Drive Girls game looks interesting: action, racing, and hack-n-slash!

https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Girls-Play ... rive+girls

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 23rd, 2018, 6:50 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This Drive Girls game looks interesting: action, racing, and hack-n-slash!

https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Girls-Play ... rive+girls

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... rive-girls unfortunately it got negative reviews. The only reason for you to try it is because it is exclusive and you might give it higher then the critics, and it is cheap.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 24th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Well DaHeckIzDat,

You inspired me with your thread so I decided to buy a Vita myself. I already had the PS TV but have been really needing something to help me pass the time on long plane rides. Brand-new Vitas are also pretty affordable right now on Amazon. I snagged one of the white Japanese models for only $200! (the console is region free)

There's actually a nice sale going on right now on PSN. I prefer physical over digital, but $13.49 for Danganronpa is a steal. There are a bunch of VNs and RPGs on there that have been on my wishlist for some time.

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 24th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Humble Bundle is offering a bundle with Vita games for a $1 (you can donate more if you want).

You get Dust Force and Super Monkey Ball for the Vita, Crazy Taxi 3 for PS3, and Dead Rising for PS4.

All digital, but not bad for cheap!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 25th, 2018, 9:41 am

Gravity Rush looks good too, and very unique. I almost bought Gravity Rush Remastered for the PS4 last night on PSN. Then while reading a review, I realized it originated as a Vita game. So I decided to save it for when I get a Vita. VGC reviewed it too and gave it a B.

GTS

Postby GTS » April 25th, 2018, 9:32 pm

I got about halfway through Gravity Rush, but got bored and never completed it. I know I'm in the minority, though. Also keep in mind it was remastered and released on the PS4.

JWK

Postby JWK » April 26th, 2018, 11:22 am

Ptdebate speaking truth: Steins;gate has one of the best stories in gaming... or any media really. I also second the amazing Danganronpa series. I haven’t played v3 yet, but the first two main entries will blow your mind.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 26th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Is Steins Gate one of those visual novels?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 26th, 2018, 2:46 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Is Steins Gate one of those visual novels?

That is correct! It features more interactive elements than many other visual novels, but at its core Steins;gate is a story-focused experience with branching paths but little moment-to-moment interactivity on the part of the player.

That being said, Steins;gate makes up for the lack of interactivity with a story that grabs you by the feels and won't let go until the end. If you don't tear up at least three times while playing this game you might need to check your pulse to make sure you're still alive.

JWK wrote:Ptdebate speaking truth: Steins;gate has one of the best stories in gaming... or any media really. I also second the amazing Danganronpa series. I haven’t played v3 yet, but the first two main entries will blow your mind.

Glad to know there's another VN fan on the forums! Looking forward to starting Danganronpa.

Return to “Modern Gaming”