Vita Games?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Vita Games?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 19th, 2018, 5:59 pm

So, I got a Vita. Recommend me some good games! So far I have...
- Sly Cooper 1 & 2 (it was in the Vita when I bought it and they didn't even know!)
- Castlevania Symphony of the Night
- Salt and Sanctuary
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy IX
- Metal Gear Solid

Games I want to get...
- Tales of Hearts R
- Persona 4 Golden

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Vita Games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 19th, 2018, 9:35 pm

Also, I'd like to hear what good physical releases are available. I haven't reviewed a Vita game in a while and I feel guilty!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 19th, 2018, 10:20 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Also, I'd like to hear what good physical releases are available. I haven't reviewed a Vita game in a while and I feel guilty!

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus exclusive to Vita outside of PC: https://youtu.be/ETDGrXDPhbw?t=5m

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » April 20th, 2018, 2:14 am

It's digital-only, but I can't recommend Spelunky enough. Yes, taking inspiration from roguelikes has arguably been done to death among indie games at this point, but Spelunky popularized it for good reason. Unless it ever gets a Switch port, the Vita version is the only portable one, and Spelunky is practically tailor-made for playing on the bus or anywhere else you can't bring a console, not to mention the Vita's sleep feature makes it very easy to stop somewhere and eventually continue where you left off.

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 20th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I just picked up Muramasa Rebirth at my local game store. Really fun so far, and better than the Wii version. Vita games are super cheap right now.

GTS

Postby GTS » April 21st, 2018, 9:15 am

Killzone is awesome. The online multiplayer servers were still up last time I played, with plenty of players to play against.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 22nd, 2018, 12:00 pm

I think I've come to the conclusion that retro games are what the Vita does best. I tried playing Sly Cooper on it, and it works, but the weird little thumbsticks make 3D platforming awkward. It made me want to play it with a proper controller, though, so there's that I guess.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 22nd, 2018, 1:21 pm

Nice start! Although you mostly have retro games, 4 of those games are on my personal Top 10 of all-time favorite games (FF Tactics, FF7, Symphony of the Night, and Metal Gear Solid). So I'm a fan of your choices. You'll have to keep us posted on what you think, especially FF Tactics.

I'm interested in this topic as well. Don't have a Vita yet, but I'm interested in getting one eventually. Tearaway seems like the only must-own game. If you've never played a Hots Shots games, you may want to check out the one that VGC reviewed and gave an A rating. Hot Shots is a great series, even for non-sports fans... I poured hours and hours into the Hot Shots game on the PSP.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 22nd, 2018, 1:38 pm

Retro STrife wrote:Tearaway seems like the only must-own game.

I played Tearaway on the PS4 when it was free for PS+ members, and... well, it wasn't bad, but it was way too cutesy for me, you know what I mean?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 22nd, 2018, 5:26 pm

Are you ready?

STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE
STEINS;GATE