H1Z1: Battle Royale

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

H1Z1: Battle Royale

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 27th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Since it looks like PUBG is taking its sweet time coming to PS4, H1Z1 stepped up to be Sony's more realistic battle royale game. It's still in beta status, which means it has a ton of glitches and rough edges, but at the very affordable price of FREE I think it's fair since they'll be making improvements to it as time goes by. It works... okay... for now, but I already have two things I really want changed.

1. Fix the cars. If I run someone over with a pickup truck, I want them dead, not phasing through it like Kitty friggin' Pryde.

2. Give us a plane! H1Z1 starts with everyone parachuting onto the map, just like any Battle Royale, but unlike PUBG or Fortnite there's no plane (or flying bus) to let us choose where and when to drop in. You simply spawn onto a random location on the map and are instantly parachuting. This is especially unfair because you might even get spawned outside the safe zone!

Still, for where it is and what they're planning, it's a good start. Once they begin improving things, I might even prefer this to Fortnite. We'll just have to wait and see.

Retro STrife

Re: H1Z1: Battle Royale

Postby Retro STrife » May 27th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Interesting. Hadn't heard about this one, so I'll have to give it a look.

It was my understanding that PUBG was releasing as a limited exclusive for Xbox One (probably a deal between the developer and Microsoft), so I wouldn't expect to see it on PS4 any earlier than late 2018 (but probably not until 2019 or beyond).

Return to “Modern Gaming”