Mega Man 11 looks amazing!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Mega Man 11 looks amazing!

Postby Sonicx9 » May 29th, 2018, 3:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEgFPupCGLA

I only showed this video because the trailers are only capped at 30FPS. So this video is more representative to the final product!

Compared to the final version of Mighty No. 9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc. Mega Man 11 looks like a proper current/next gen game in terms of graphics and gameplay. And it looks like it is running on Unreal Engine 4 which is awesome!

What do you guys think of the game so far?

Sonicx9

Re: Mega Man 11 looks amazing!

Postby Sonicx9 » May 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm

To make things better it is $30 retail for the standard version.: https://nintendoeverything.com/mega-man ... ders-open/ proves you can get a quality game for price lower then $50 and $60, critic will love that!

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » May 31st, 2018, 10:41 am

Looks good - I kinda wish they'd gone with the fully-animated Shantae/Skullgirls look, but this style of 3d has almost as much character and personality so I'm okay with it. Looks challenging, they've come up with some new wrinkles in the gameplay but it's still old-school. Even the voice-acting is quality. Definitely looking forward to it.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 31st, 2018, 7:56 pm

velcrozombie wrote:Looks good - I kinda wish they'd gone with the fully-animated Shantae/Skullgirls look, but this style of 3d has almost as much character and personality so I'm okay with it. Looks challenging, they've come up with some new wrinkles in the gameplay but it's still old-school. Even the voice-acting is quality. Definitely looking forward to it.

Also what do you think of the $30 price tag for Mega Man 11 and how does Mega Man 11 visually fair compare to the final version of Mighty No. 9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc. You can tell that Mega Man 11 looks more like a current gen game where Mighty No. 9 looks like a bad bargain bin PS2 game rendered in HD. But keep in note that Mighty No. 9 was on the PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii U to a lesser degree along with promised development hell 3DS/PS Vita versions that have yet to be released so it likely Mighty No. 9 graphics where downgraded to work on the less powerful systems along with it using the outdated Unreal Engine 3 as many of the less powerful systems do not support Unreal Engine 4. A night and day diffrence!

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » June 1st, 2018, 10:26 am

Sonicx9 wrote:Also what do you think of the $30 price tag for Mega Man 11 and how does Mega Man 11 visually fair compare to the final version of Mighty No. 9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc. You can tell that Mega Man 11 looks more like a current gen game where Mighty No. 9 looks like a bad bargain bin PS2 game rendered in HD. But keep in note that Mighty No. 9 was on the PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii U to a lesser degree along with promised development hell 3DS/PS Vita versions that have yet to be released so it likely Mighty No. 9 graphics where downgraded to work on the less powerful systems along with it using the outdated Unreal Engine 3 as many of the less powerful systems do not support Unreal Engine 4. A night and day diffrence!

I think $30 is the appropriate price for a traditional 2d game in the current marketplace (barring the Mario games, which are in their own universe). At $60 this would have to compete on the same ground as the God of Wars and the Assassin Creeds (nothing against those games, especially God of War) and it would lose - at $30 I feel enough people would be willing to take a chance on it to make it viable, especially with parents on limited budgets looking for something more child-friendly.

Mighty No. 9 was an ugly game from all the footage I've seen - I actually own it on PC as part of a bundle but I haven't played it yet - but the original designs look great on paper and even the 2014 trailer looks superior to the finished product, so something got lost in translation. I didn't know about the engine difference, but I'm reluctant to blame it too heavily on that - Guilty Gear Xrd is a 2d game that looks amazing and it uses Unreal Engine 3. They shouldn't have promised ports to 11 different formats, though - 3 or 4 would have been more reasonable.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 1st, 2018, 10:49 am

velcrozombie wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Also what do you think of the $30 price tag for Mega Man 11 and how does Mega Man 11 visually fair compare to the final version of Mighty No. 9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc. You can tell that Mega Man 11 looks more like a current gen game where Mighty No. 9 looks like a bad bargain bin PS2 game rendered in HD. But keep in note that Mighty No. 9 was on the PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii U to a lesser degree along with promised development hell 3DS/PS Vita versions that have yet to be released so it likely Mighty No. 9 graphics where downgraded to work on the less powerful systems along with it using the outdated Unreal Engine 3 as many of the less powerful systems do not support Unreal Engine 4. A night and day diffrence!

Mighty No. 9 was an ugly game from all the footage I've seen - I actually own it on PC as part of a bundle but I haven't played it yet - but the original designs look great on paper and even the 2014 trailer looks superior to the finished product, so something got lost in translation. I didn't know about the engine difference, but I'm reluctant to blame it too heavily on that - Guilty Gear Xrd is a 2d game that looks amazing and it uses Unreal Engine 3. They shouldn't have promised ports to 11 different formats, though - 3 or 4 would have been more reasonable.

What Mighty No. 9 should have been on is PC along with Mac and Linux (all same hardware), PS4, Xbox One, and/or Wii U and that is it should have never been on the PS3/Xbox 360 by 2016. And the development hell 3DS and Vita, especially the 3DS which does not even support Unreal Engine 3 and has near GameCube specs. Is a disaster to happen, heck one of the guys that was involved with the game said it best over here.: https://youtu.be/1q5y071lzas?t=4m7s They admitted that 10 platforms with many different hardware forced them to downgrade and ruin their vision just to please every platform and it was not worth it!

Voor

Postby Voor » June 1st, 2018, 4:49 pm

It does look good. Hopefully, unlike M#9, it’ll have the soul of the old games.

One thing, I’m almost never a fan of “new abilities”, for any franchise. I feel like is usually compromises level design, but I could be wrong in this case.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 14th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Update: Mega Man 11 60FPS on Switch confirmed!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... UH49eqJpSE so odd how the graphically worse looking Mighty No. 9 runs so poor by comparison shows that Keiji Inafune messed up big time!

noah98

Postby noah98 » June 15th, 2018, 7:02 am

I preordered the special edition with the amiibo, even though it was more money. Can’t believe I’m still collecting those things!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 15th, 2018, 11:23 am

noah98 wrote:I preordered the special edition with the amiibo, even though it was more money. Can’t believe I’m still collecting those things!

Lol!

Return to “Modern Gaming”