I love Switch, but....

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
CharlieR

Re: I love Switch, but....

Postby CharlieR » June 5th, 2018, 2:32 pm

The portability aspect is what I would buy it for, but I always go back to the fact that there aren’t really that many games I’m all that interested in. I’m interested in Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, and probably NBA playgrounds because I’m a big basketball fan. I wouldn’t go buy NBA 2k18 only because I have so many basketball games already. The most recent games I have is 2k10 and NBA Live 10 for ps3, although I don’t think basketball gameplay has changed a ton since then.

Speaking of controllers, that power A wired controller looks pretty nice, and you can get it for less than $30.

bluenote

Postby bluenote » July 6th, 2018, 9:11 am

I just got the Switch this week and I absolutely love it!

The screen looks amazing! I got Super Mario Odyssey and it's a ton of fun so far. I've been playing on the tv, but last night my wife, me and my 2 kids were hundled around the portable screen on our bed before bedtime taking turns playing Mario.

Just hope they keep churning out the games.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » July 6th, 2018, 9:41 am

I'd actually like to see a consolized Switch with a Pro Controller be offered.

As a Wii U owner, I find the Switch lineup pretty disappointing so far. So much of the best offerings are games I've already played. I don't know what Nintendo is even thinking here. Wasn't the entire point of this hybrid to be able to pump 1st party software out quicker instead of trying to support two distinct lines as in the past?

Instead, 1st party releases seem to be slower and fewer than on the Wii U, despite little 3DS development being underway today by 1st/2nd party developers.

Sut

Postby Sut » July 8th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Switch seems to be hitting the usual Nintendo drought. I can only think of one exclusive title getting the system for (Mario Odyssey) most other games are available elsewhere.
If it wasn’t for the hybrid function I think the Switch would be Wii U Mark 2.

Return to “Modern Gaming”