Starfield for the PS5?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
scotland

Starfield for the PS5?

Postby scotland » June 16th, 2018, 9:05 am

Bethesda announced a game, Starfield, in production for the next generation of console (possibly PS5 and whatever MS names their console). Its a single player RPG.

First, is this just hype? In essence, its a game in development along current gen limitations with 'stretch goals' if new hardware is available when the game takes better shape.

Second, if its not, then what do you think they mean by next generation - just 'faster and bigger' hardware. Does it say something about the plateau of hardware.

Third, will annoncements like this speed the coming of the next generation? Could it change development plans to 'future proof' hardware in some way.

Herschie

Re: Starfield for the PS5?

Postby Herschie » June 16th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Unless you've ready anything concrete, it's difficult to speculate what might happen. Me, I'd be fine with faster and bigger hardware, and I'm sure none of us would mind if Nintendo consoles had better graphics. I think after a few years, you start to see some of the limitations on the current generation, and you yearn for more.

scotland

Re: Starfield for the PS5?

Postby scotland » June 17th, 2018, 11:06 am

Yet I don't yearn for more from my car, refrigerator or really even my tv. Any improvement is either marginal or a bell and whistle thing.

Return to “Modern Gaming”