A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby Sonicx9 » July 15th, 2018, 7:28 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/playstat ... tch-2018-7

The person who wrote this was bought and payed by Sony PlayStation to talk down on Nintendo.

1. The PS4 has been out longer and the Nintendo Switch is catching up.

2. PS4 Pro has many cautionary tales surrounding it, and do not care about 4K!

3. Just like point 1 it has been out longer and over time the Switch will get more and better exclusives and mind you many 3rd party semi exclusives are on the PC, BTW or even the PS3 and PS Vita during the 2013 to 2016 period.

4. The one positive of the article, but even then many PS4 games have awful install times and patches that take a great while to download and install which is a headake, also some Switch versions are a better value because you get two versions in one console and handheld, DLC and Patches baked in if they are a late port, and carts are more durable then Blu-Ray, yes their are exceptions to the rule, Take Two interactive games save for carnival games, Wolfinstine 2, etc. But it few and far between.

5. Do not care I can do all that on a PC.

6. This is not necessary as it offers no advantages for gameplay.

7. I have a PS3 and that takes care of that for me, so not mandatory for me.

I am sure the critic will not like this article, thoughts about this?

Rev

Re: A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby Rev » July 15th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Here are my thoughts:

1. I actually agree with the article here. I don't think he is saying you shouldn't buy a Switch but if you have to buy 1 here are some things to consider. since I own both I would have to say I have way more games for it than I do for the Switch... Nothing wrong with that. What I really enjoy about having both consoles is they each have a large number of exclusives you cannot get on the other one.

2. I love my PS4 pro. It is my most used console simply because I can do so much from it. I use it for streaming shows and youtube all the time and play quite a few games on it. I also like that it supports my 4k tv. On the other hand I like the versatility of the Switch so they both have their perks.

3. This is completely true. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how much time passes, I think both will have quite a few exclusives by the end of the generation but I'm pretty sure the PS4 will have more... Who knows? I'm enjoying both the exclusives.

4. This is true but probably the point I could care less about.

5. This is actually why my PS4 is on all the time. I use it for a lot of things. While this isn't necessary for a console purchase it is actually a cool perk. I like having 1 console where I can do this because when I watch something I don't want to be staring at my laptop (and I don't have a desktop), I want to sit on my couch and watch things.

6. don't really care about this... I think it is worth mentioning that if you want to play online the PS4 offers better service. Since I never play online and keep all my information private that doesn't matter to me but it is worth considering.

7. I actually like this feature as well although it is far from mandatory. Just a nice perk.. Also, the PS4 has played every single blu ray I have ever owned perfectly. Compared to standard blu ray players which occasionally have issues... I don't know why this happens but the PS4 plays them better for some reason even if the blu ray player is updated.

Stalvern

Re: A biased articles on why people should get a PS4 and Pro over the Nintendo Switch!

Postby Stalvern » July 15th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:The person who wrote this was bought and payed by Sony PlayStation to talk down on Nintendo.

And how do I know that you aren't being paid by Nintendo?

Maybe there are people out there who aren't you, and maybe they have different priorities and make different decisions based on them.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 15th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Rev wrote:Here are my thoughts:

1. I actually agree with the article here. I don't think he is saying you shouldn't buy a Switch but if you have to buy 1 here are some things to consider. since I own both I would have to say I have way more games for it than I do for the Switch... Nothing wrong with that. What I really enjoy about having both consoles is they each have a large number of exclusives you cannot get on the other one.

2. I love my PS4 pro. It is my most used console simply because I can do so much from it. I use it for streaming shows and youtube all the time and play quite a few games on it. I also like that it supports my 4k tv. On the other hand I like the versatility of the Switch so they both have their perks.

3. This is completely true. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how much time passes, I think both will have quite a few exclusives by the end of the generation but I'm pretty sure the PS4 will have more... Who knows? I'm enjoying both the exclusives.

4. This is true but probably the point I could care less about.

5. This is actually why my PS4 is on all the time. I use it for a lot of things. While this isn't necessary for a console purchase it is actually a cool perk. I like having 1 console where I can do this because when I watch something I don't want to be staring at my laptop (and I don't have a desktop), I want to sit on my couch and watch things.

6. don't really care about this... I think it is worth mentioning that if you want to play online the PS4 offers better service. Since I never play online and keep all my information private that doesn't matter to me but it is worth considering.

7. I actually like this feature as well although it is far from mandatory. Just a nice perk.. Also, the PS4 has played every single blu ray I have ever owned perfectly. Compared to standard blu ray players which occasionally have issues... I don't know why this happens but the PS4 plays them better for some reason even if the blu ray player is updated.

I will give you that you did a fair job going through it.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 15th, 2018, 11:30 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:The person who wrote this was bought and payed by Sony PlayStation to talk down on Nintendo.

And how do I know that you aren't being paid by Nintendo?

Maybe there are people out there who aren't you, and maybe they have different priorities and make different decisions based on them.

My two cents, I am not paid by Nintendo, and I know not one but two others that are with me on this, Rich of ReviewTechUSA, and Dave the Video Game Critic himself and none od them are paid by Nintendo and take the Nintendo Switch over the PS4 any day of the week!

Second, my problem with both PS4 and Xbox One is not many exclusives, especially if you have a gaming PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita, 3DS, and a Nintendo Switch. So in my case thr Nintendo Switch fit me perfectly as I do not like dealing with PC gaming headaches or even the PS4 and Xbox One headaches of long installs and long patch downloads and installs, and I am not a fan of the Dualshock 4 because you have to use the awkward touch pad and not the share button to do select unlike the Nintendo Switch with seaperate buttons. That is why I take Switch over PS4 and Xbox One any day of the week and I am not alone, as Rich of ReviewTechUSA and especially Dave the Video Game Critic himself 100% agree on!

Sut

Postby Sut » July 16th, 2018, 3:41 pm

I don’t understand this criticism of PS4 installs and patches. It’s streets ahead of other systems you can actually play the games whilst they are installing so there no ‘long’ installs at all.
Plus if you leave the PS4 in rest mode it will download and install any patches at night or whilst your at work. Another great bonus is if I want to buy and download a game whilst I’m out or at work. I can just use the PS app and tell it to download to my PS4 so it’s ready when I get home.
I think these complaints are either from people who haven’t got a PS4 or people who have no idea how to use it optimally.

And Sonicx you can’t seriously say Switch has better exclusives than the PS4 ? Only one I can think of it Mario Odyssey.

GTS

Postby GTS » July 16th, 2018, 6:04 pm

I thought it was a great article and all the points were valid. I have a feeling it is meant to be clickbait; made to attract hardcore fans of each system.

I've lost faith in Nintendo in the past few months, with the sad E3 plus the fact they are selling WiiU ports and pricing them like new games.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 16th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Sut wrote:I don’t understand this criticism of PS4 installs and patches. It’s streets ahead of other systems you can actually play the games whilst they are installing so there no ‘long’ installs at all.
Plus if you leave the PS4 in rest mode it will download and install any patches at night or whilst your at work. Another great bonus is if I want to buy and download a game whilst I’m out or at work. I can just use the PS app and tell it to download to my PS4 so it’s ready when I get home.
I think these complaints are either from people who haven’t got a PS4 or people who have no idea how to use it optimally.

And Sonicx you can’t seriously say Switch has better exclusives than the PS4 ? Only one I can think of it Mario Odyssey.

So people like me, Rich and Dave the Video Game Critic do not know how yo use PS4 properly?

As for exclusives Mario Odyssey Mario + Rabbids, ARMS, the recent Kirby game, Octopath Traveler, Golf Story, Snipperclips, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are all decent to amazing exclusives no where else and more promising ones like the Pokemon games, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Metroid Prime 4, Ninjala, Shin Megami Tensei V, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, the Yoshi game, etc! Can you name all the actual PS4 exclusives only available on 1 system and games such as Persona 5 and Yakuza games do not count as both are on the PS3 for Persona 5 and older Yakuza games with some such as Yakuza Zero having a Japan only PS3 version and now PC via steam versions going forward your turn!

Rev

Postby Rev » July 16th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Main thing I have to say is be careful about speaking for other people when they have not responded to this particular thread. Yes, we have a fairly good idea how people feel about gaming based on previous posts but until they speak we shouldn't assume how someone feels about something (especially when they are active members of the forum). If they want to be involved in this conversation they can speak for themselves.

SpaceGuitarist

Postby SpaceGuitarist » July 16th, 2018, 8:25 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I am sure the critic will not like this article, thoughts about this?

It's a very fair article based on facts and aimed at a general audience that can only afford to buy one of the two consoles, preferably the one that guarantees the steadiest stream of relevant releases for the years to come and games at the better price with digital deals and a healthy second hand market.
Sony has proven to be a very reliable company when it comes to these points, while Nintendo simply hasn't.
When you buy a Sony console you know you're going to buy a system that's going to be supported for a number of years with a ton of games, most of which are going to be very affordable at some point in time. When you buy Nintendo you're never sure how it's going to end - you just know that gaming on their system is going to cost you more than gaming on any other system.

And what's with the "I don't care for it since I have a PC that does this and a PS3 that does that and bla bla blah"? That's way more biased that everything in the article you're trying to dismiss. It's like me dissing that Labo Toy Piano because I already got a real piano and if I got a real piano it means everybody in the world does.

Return to “Modern Gaming”