Directory of Wii Numbers, Friend Codes, etc

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
steer

Postby steer » October 26th, 2008, 11:00 am

This is a topic for ppl who want to connect their consoles and share content on the Wii. I have gifted a game once, its been a while, but I know both parties need to have the others Wii ID number (found on the WIi message board, in the address book) and I believe you may need to know the nickname you gave your console as well.

If you want to send messages back in worth between Wiis, or gift games, or share content on Wii muisic for example, this is what has to happen. Also if the Critic ever gets online, I know he solicitates game donations, would be a great way to gift the Critic.

Your number is useless to people unless you type theirs in, so I dont beleive you can get spanned, or unwanted photos, lol. And you can remove or deactivate people at any time.

Any how, here is a topic, if people are interested.

My Wii # is : 0792 2868 5935 7776 nickname, is 'Pablo'

I am looking for anyone who wants to share videos on Wii Music.

funky_muzic1

Postby funky_muzic1 » October 27th, 2008, 3:33 pm

Hey Steer,
This is a great idea.  Too bad my Wii is not online.  I don't have a wireless router, and for some reason everytime I go to the store with $30 to buy the Wii Wi-Fi Dongle, I end up buying a $30 game instead!  LOL
It will happen at some point though.  A lot of those VC & Wii Ware games look pretty good (and bring back fond memories of course). 
Maybe you can help.  What's the cheapest way to get my Wii online?  My computer is close enough to my Wii that I could actually just plug in the eternet cable, but even for that I need an adapter since the Wii only has a spot for USB in the back.  Also, I would prefer Wi-Fi so my computer could be online at the same time as the Wii.

steer

Postby steer » October 27th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Dont get the USB thing, Nintendo has discontinued it.

I had it, had trouble and deleted my software, thinking I would just start over. But I had problems downloloading the software on Nintendos tech page and just gave up. I have a (dirt cheap) wireless router here and have no complaints.

On the plus side if you have a USB dongle they are selling for $40 + on ebay now if you want to unload one.

funky_muzic1

Postby funky_muzic1 » October 28th, 2008, 3:34 pm

What did you pay for your wireless router? $30-$40? 
Also, doesn't it have to be a certain type of wireless router?

steer

Postby steer » October 28th, 2008, 8:34 pm

I have a Belkin, I paid $35 with it, and it seems to work just fine. Model # F5D7234-4v1

Some Belkins are not compatible with Wii however, here is a link, to whats what :

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/index.jsp

funky_muzic1

Postby funky_muzic1 » October 29th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the info.  When I finally do get online, I'll post my friend code on here.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » November 19th, 2008, 3:06 am

My Wii number:  2945 1255 5974 2082

Okay, Steer, looking forward to seeing some Wii Music vids...

steer

Postby steer » November 19th, 2008, 6:41 pm

Cool, I will do this tonight - prepare for some 'From the New World' and 'Scarborough Fair!'

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » November 19th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Hey, Steer, I tried to enter your Wii Number into my Wii today, and it told me that it was an incorrect number.

Did you make a mistake in your Wii #, or am I doing something wrong? I entered the number that you gave into my Wii Message Board address book. Not sure if that was how I was supposed to do it?...

steer

Postby steer » November 20th, 2008, 6:52 am

Yup a typo - my bad.

# - 0792 2868 5935 7775

Return to “Modern Gaming”