Lets Tap (SEGA sunsidary) review : Also, what do you think of SEGA on Wii?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
steer

Postby steer » January 6th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Well, we shall see - Michael - just looks to me like they have put themselves in a much better position than anyother publisher save Nintendo on the wii...

Sorry fragnox, really. My thing sounded better this morning - I was in a hurry on the way to work....

Fragnox

Postby Fragnox » January 6th, 2009, 8:49 pm

[QUOTE=steer]Sorry fragnox, really. My thing sounded better this morning - I was in a hurry on the way to work....
[/QUOTE]

It's okay, no hard feelings.

Julio III

Postby Julio III » January 8th, 2009, 8:42 pm

Hmm, Sega on the Wii, well, out of what I own, Sonic & The Secret Rings is absolutely dire, one of the worst games I've ever played. Ghost Squad is good fun and a lot better than a straight arcade port. I think thats all I own, and I'll admit I'm a Sega fanboy!

The rest of their Wii catalogue seems mostly to be Dreamcast re-releases apart from The Olympic Games, which I've heard is excellent as well as having 3 top licenses helping sell it. The other original content was a Nights sequal which was botched as it was rush-made since they converted it from a 360 version, and multiplatform releases like Sega Superstars Tennis and Sonic Unleashed. I enjoyed Unleashed on the 360 so assume its pretty fun on the Wii also. Sega Superstars Tennis is obviously a cash-in like the olympic games but farmed out to Sumo, who did wonders with their Outrun franchise.

For their forthcoming games, Let's Tap was only made because one of their top producers left the company, and Madworld was a good purchasing decision by Sega (of Platinum Games). House of the Dead Overkill does look fun though but thats a continuation in a very popular series.

Since Sega love porting games to the Wii, it would be great to see stuff like HotD4, Virtua Cop 3, a couple of other arcade lightgun games I've forgotten the name of, Cosmic Smash, Rez. Hell, maybe even Outrun 2/SP, I love that game!

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » January 10th, 2009, 3:56 pm

I would like to see what Sega would do if they got back into the console business.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 11th, 2009, 5:25 pm

[QUOTE=nesfan]

I would like to see what Sega would do if they got back into the console business.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto, although, based on history, they'd release an awesome system with a completely original memory unit, sweet controller, and forget to add a way to charge the batteries (wire coming out the front). 

I'd just prefer they release good games on existing systems.  They've seriously been trying, Nights and Samba, for example, but something's missing.  I don't know if it's due to the lack of controlling the games properly or what but they've gotten so-so reviews.  Maybe, they should come up with their own controllers or just put the games on the 360 where everyone that had a DC made that their DC 2, if you will. 

TheBawwRadar (NixonTech)

Postby TheBawwRadar (NixonTech) » January 11th, 2009, 7:38 pm

[QUOTE=nesfan]

[/QUOTE]

I believe sega would have made a memory card based handheld. I can dream...

N64dude

Postby N64dude » January 24th, 2009, 10:14 pm

SEGA may be doing these good looking ones,but it published all these crappy ones to like

The Golden Compass
Nancy Drew
NiGHTS[1st party crap]
SEGA Superstars Tennis

and is currently making a Mario Bros. ripoff called Pole's Big Adventure,thankfully a Jet Set Radio is in the making

Not to mention SEGA hasn't brought back the real franchises that kept it's consoles afloat since Xbox I mean c'mon wheres Shenmue IV,Panzer Dragoon,Ecco the Dolphin,Alex Kidd????

SEGA seems to be rebounding and heck maybe the SEGA Vision will help

Return to “Modern Gaming”