Any Wii games I desperately need?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 17th, 2009, 11:14 am

Okay, so as my 7800 isn't likely to be here for a few more days, I'm trying to play some Wii.  I played a bunch of Mario Galaxy this morning.  I'm still not a convert.  So I figure I'll list my collection and you guys can let me know if there's anything (given my current lack of interest) that could be placed in the library that might turn my opinion (keep in mind a lot of these are my wife's games; and the ones I got for gifts should be obvious):

Wii Sports
Wii Play
DDR: Hottest Party
MLB Power Pros
Wii Fit
Harvey Birdman
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (still in shrinkwrap; gift if you're wondering)
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
Resident Evil 4 (Only system I've ever played it on)
Dewy's Adventure
Lego Indiana Jones
Red Steel
Mario Party 8
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Excite Truck
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour
Zack and Wiki
Super Mario Galaxy
Animal Crossing City Folk
Lost Winds

I have rented Smash Bros, and don't want to buy it.

Anything that might change my mind given what has obviously already not done so?

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » January 17th, 2009, 11:45 am

I'm enjoying Battalion Wars on the Wii.  Based on your prior comments of games it might be worthwhile as you can try to complete each 'mission' to get a better time/grade.  The story aspect doesn't really matter if you're focusing on individual aspects.

If you can find it for under $20 then it's probably worth it.  More than that you might not get your money's worth.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 17th, 2009, 5:08 pm

Didn't figure this needed its own thread, but I think I realized part of the reason I dislike Sonic and the Secret Rings.  This should make it pretty obvious where one huge difference is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnRRuYS1ho&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaBxXCH9b8

DNC

Postby DNC » January 17th, 2009, 9:49 pm

de blob is well worth a punt. definitely one of the best games on the wii. actually reminds me of mario 64 and the early spyros and raymans but with alot unique style and gameplay to.

scarface: the world is yours, is suprisingly good. i got it in a buy one get one free deal and was really impressed. true to the spirit of the film. it makes great use of the wiimote. and is one of the better GTA clones.

wiiware wise get world of goo. very lemmings-esque but really unique and REALLY fun.

Chris D.

Postby Chris D. » January 18th, 2009, 8:59 am

I think Order Up! is a suprisingly fun game. It doesn't really push the system's graphical capability very much, but it's a good time whenever I put it in.

If you like first person shooters at all, Metroid Prime 3 and Call of Duty: World at War are both pretty good. The controls make the games fun, but Metroid is the more polished of the two.

Also, even though it got a poor grade here, Endless Ocean is probably my favorite Wii game so far.  I thought it was a really immersive, unique experience. That game gets my highest recommendation (and I think you should read some other reviews of it online).

James Clarendon

Postby James Clarendon » January 18th, 2009, 1:23 pm

I think Mushroom Men should make that list, but I'm biased.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » January 18th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Here are a few Wii games that I really like. Not sure if they fit your tastes though:

Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection - If you are a fan at all of pinball video games, you need to get this. It is the best realistic pinball game I've ever played and probably in my top 5 favorite Wii games.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - Definitely should get this if you like light gun games and don't already have these.

Wario Land Shake It! - If I'm not mistaken, aren't you a fan of 2D platformers? If so, you may want to check this out.

Boom Blox - A play-for-score game that is excellent if you have people to play with.

Also:

I believe you liked Rayman Raving Rabbids a lot. Have you checked out it's sequel, TV Party?

Another mini-game collection that I just bought yesterday is Guinness World Records. It has been pretty entertaining so far. And you can compare your high scores with the World, National, and Regional records, so you have something to shoot for when playing. May be worth a look.

Kim

Postby Kim » January 24th, 2009, 8:35 pm

To be honest its probably wise to wait for Nintendo's next big hit after Mario Galaxy. But Guiness World Records might be interesting.

a1

Postby a1 » January 24th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Boom Blox is great. It's a whole lot of fun to play with other people, and the best part is you only need one remote. It is a bit on the shallow side, but if you can find it for a good price you should pick it up.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » January 25th, 2009, 10:03 pm

I'd recommend these games

Super Mario Galaxy: B+
Super Smash Bros. Brawl A+ (Best game on the whole system and now on my top 10)
Trauma Center:Second Opinion
Mushroom Men:The Spore Wars
De Blob
Boom Blox
Wario Land:The Shake Dimension/Shake it
LostWinds
Wii Play
Mario Party 8
Resident Evil 4
Excite Truck
Elebeits
Metroid Prime 3:Corruption
Battalion Wars 2

Why would you want an Atari 7800 anyway???? Any game on that system is either on the 2600 or the NES and if it's exclusive it reeks.Atari 7800 is probably the worst system ever

Return to “Modern Gaming”