Xbox 360 Support Woes?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
JustLikeHeaven1

Xbox 360 Support Woes?

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » January 19th, 2009, 8:37 pm

I just got off the phone with my brother who had his Xbox 360 (Elite) RROD for the second time in less than a year.  Needless to say he is pretty irate.

Get this...he calls Xbox 360 tech support and they are forcing him to supply a box, print out a label and pay for shipping!  The first time his system died he had none of these problems (they provided a label, paid for shipping and supplied a coffin/box).  Has anybody else had this happen to them recently?

I thought Microsoft was doing a bang up job with replacing systems, but I guess something has changed recently.  I told him to call back and demand to speak to a manager.  We'll see if that gets him anywhere.

All I know is that Microsoft just lost one loyal customer.  My brother is selling his system and 20-something games once the system gets replaced. 

Paul Campbell

Xbox 360 Support Woes?

Postby Paul Campbell » January 19th, 2009, 8:55 pm

I guess that would depend on how old the system is and how long it has been since his last problem.  You DO have to draw the line somewhere, unfortunately.

Ozzybear1

Xbox 360 Support Woes?

Postby Ozzybear1 » January 19th, 2009, 9:17 pm

The line should have been drawn a long time ago with the faulty systems, I love my xbox, but all this red ring of death thing is a buch of b.s.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Xbox 360 Support Woes?

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 19th, 2009, 11:32 pm

I doubt he has to pay for shipping.
If you slap the label on the box and take it to UPS, you don't have to pay anything. 
At least that was my experience two months ago.
The process is a little confusing.  There are two things to print out - one to put on the outside of the box, and one for inside the box.

Return to “Modern Gaming”