What's up with We Ski?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

What's up with We Ski?

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 29th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Being a big fan of snow, it was inevitable that I review We Ski.  First I took the tutorial and was really annoyed with how complicated the controls were.  I mean, in the Ski games in Wii Fit there was nothing to it!

I still don't understand what the whole crouch control is.  At first I thought it was like "tuck" for speed, but it seems to have something to do with turning.  Either way, I can't figure out how to do it.  Something about twisting your hands?? What the [expletive]?

And when a real skier is baffled by the controls in a Skiing game, something is very wrong.

N64Dude1

What's up with We Ski?

Postby N64Dude1 » January 29th, 2009, 10:50 pm

If this posts twice sorry.

I beg to differ,We Ski is much more fun than Wii Fit Skiing,the graphics are much nicer it's just as simple and though the controls are awkward they are albeit interesting.[I'm a skiier],the 3 modes[4? I've played it but I don't own it] are fun enough to keep me at it for some time and yeah.Nonetheless it is a "play once til you complete game" and it probably'll be forgotten so I'd give it a B-

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

What's up with We Ski?

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 3rd, 2009, 5:36 pm

Okay I finally figured it out.  You just twist your wrists to tuck.  The poor illustration in the instructions seemed to indicate some kind of arm movement.

Now that I figured this out, I'm enjoying the game a lot more!  The review is forthcoming.

Mikaa

What's up with We Ski?

Postby Mikaa » February 7th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Can't wait to see it;  I've been basing some recomendations at work on what you say...  ^_^

Mikaa

Return to “Modern Gaming”