April Fool's joke becomes reality -- comical

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » February 19th, 2009, 6:29 pm

I figured some of you might get a kick out of this April Fool's joke article posted on Gamespot several years ago.  I know I did.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146958.html

steer

Postby steer » February 19th, 2009, 9:32 pm

I remember that article....

Says a lot about the free market and gaming, doesn't it? Fortunes turning on a dime? The volitility is in someways very bad, but on the other hand it is great new ideas are so important.

PS3 is a GC, and Wii is the new PS2, in a sense.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » February 19th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Wow ignorant SONY fanboys. I used to be a staunch Nintendo fanboy at the time,I knew Sony wouldn't sell but,I was the laughing stock,then when the came out I laughed at them, I knew one company only lasted about 10 years,I kept telling them and what did I get "It's a PlayStation,it can't fail" and " Well it'll be different" and "SONY can't lose with those graphics"

This also proves my theory to be correct,dominance is like presidential elections except instead of 8 years,you get 10 on average

Lets see

Atari: 1977-1984
Nintendo Part 1:September 1985-September 9th,1995
Sony: September 9th,1995 -November 19th,2006
Nintendo Part II: November 19th,2006- September-November 2016

After that it could either be Sony again or a completely new company either way I'm pretty sure Miyamoto will retire by then and then Nintendo is in shambles unless a new legend pops up

steer

Postby steer » February 20th, 2009, 7:23 am

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto will retire by then and then Nintendo is in shambles unless a new legend pops up

Graveyards are full of indespensible men....  -  De Gaul

lol.

Return to “Modern Gaming”