Madworld...any good?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
JustLikeHeaven1

Madworld...any good?

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 13th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Anybody out there have Madworld for the Wii?  If so what are your thoughts.  I'm rather eager to see how people are liking this one. 

Feel free to post some spoiler free comments below...

BanjoPickles1

Madworld...any good?

Postby BanjoPickles1 » March 14th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Well, Just, I'm about finished with the game and I can tell you that you'll have a great time with it....depending on the kind of game that you enjoy.

Nothing about the game is serious. It's very arcade-like in it's presentation. It's fast, shallow but also very deep in all of the right places(if that makes any sense).

There have been complaints about this game being "too short(I'm right around the five-and-a-half hour mark)." Trust me, once you invest some time into this game you'll realize that it's absolutely the perfect length! This isn't the type of game you want to play for 40 hours! That isn't a knock against the game, just so you know.

Also, the game keeps throwing new stuff at you. Well, new ways to kill your enemies, new mini games(the body fireworks portion is particularly interesting), etc. I'm actually anxious to get done so I can see how badly this game deals it to me in the oft-mentioned hard mode!

If you're uncertain, Just, give it a rental.

JustLikeHeaven1

Madworld...any good?

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 15th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Actually that sounds like a perfect game for me.  Nice and short, tons of variety, arcadey feel...

Thanks for the reply, this one just shot up my list of must have games.

snakeboy1

Madworld...any good?

Postby snakeboy1 » March 27th, 2009, 10:34 pm

I'm not sure what to think of this game. I bought it a week ago and have played it some, but so far it has really failed to grab me.

I know that the whole deal with this game is to come up with different crazy ways to kill your opponents, but I guess I'm not that creative because it seems like I just do the same things over and over, and it gets repetitive.

As far as the over-the-top violence and morbid humor, I suppose a teenager would really get a kick out of it, but I only find that stuff mildly amusing.

I guess I shouldn't be too harsh. There is some fun to be had, but, really, I was expecting more. Overall, in terms of the game's look and presentation, it's an A+. However, the gameplay is only slightly above average at best.

I will admit I haven't even put 2 hours into this game yet, but it's only about 5-6 hours long. I tell myself that maybe it will win me over eventually, but in a game like this, shouldn't I have been won over nearly a third of the way through?

qf

Madworld...any good?

Postby qf » March 28th, 2009, 12:17 am

i think it gets better twords the middle. i love dr frank's level.

snakeboy1

Madworld...any good?

Postby snakeboy1 » March 29th, 2009, 1:19 am

[QUOTE=qf]i think it gets better twords the middle. i love dr frank's level.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you may be right. I had more fun with the last level I played...

MigAlley

Madworld...any good?

Postby MigAlley » April 4th, 2009, 8:58 pm

This game is very disappointing! I mean it's basically walk around, grab dude, throw dude on spikes and rack up enough points till you have a by the numbers boss battle. Not a terrible game by any stretch but I would give it a C+ at best. I love the style but the gameplay falls flat in my humble opinion.

Return to “Modern Gaming”