Dead consoles pushing the limits?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
KanYozakura

Postby KanYozakura » March 23rd, 2009, 8:07 pm

[QUOTE=Oltobaz]

That's exactly what I had in mind today. Let's face it, I don't think my Wii is gonna break anytime soon, if ever...
[/QUOTE]

Mine's broken, and I've treated it like a baby since launch.  Some Wii's get their GPU damaged from overuse/WiiConnect 24, which displays green/red pixels across the screen in certain games (RE4/Twilight Princess).

Here's a YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwT5hasrVf4

As I said, I babied the thing.  It had plenty of room in a cool area, and was never dropped/etc.  From what I've researched on it, there was nothing I could have done and my only option is a new Wii since my warranty's expired.

I've decided to tough it out until some super-duper Wii comes along down the line, but damn was that disappointing. I was really excited to play RE4 again after finishing RE5, and that completely ruined the experience.

This isn't as widespread as RRoD, but it has happened to enough people to be of concern.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 24th, 2009, 3:48 am

Man, that sucks...Was it broken in the sense you couldn't use it anymore, or due to these red/green pixels thing? Either way, that sucks...

KanYozakura

Postby KanYozakura » March 24th, 2009, 12:30 pm

[QUOTE=Oltobaz]Man, that sucks...Was it broken in the sense you couldn't use it anymore, or due to these red/green pixels thing? Either way, that sucks...
[/QUOTE]

I can still use the system, and it only shows up on games that use that particular part of the GPU (RE4/Zelda/etc.), but I guess it only gets worse and there's no way I can fix it.

Return to “Modern Gaming”