New Silent Hill for Wii. Yay. I mean, Yay!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » April 17th, 2009, 9:52 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]Also appearing on PS2 and PSP by the way, only... you know... with a good control scheme .

I'll be grabbing the PSP version myself.

[/QUOTE]
Not to go defending the Wii's controls scheme (which I do now like better than I thought I did), but the two systems you just listed certainly aren't better.  I still think the Playstation controller is the least ergonomic controller possible.  And the PSP analog nub is probably my least favorite control device ever, and I've used the Powerglove.  You can badmouth the Wii's controls, but if you want to claim there are better controls elsewhere, I'd go with an actual good controller (see the Saturn, Genesis, Dreamcast, 2600, Xbox, Xbox 360, Neo-Geo, etc for examples).   

QF

Postby QF » April 17th, 2009, 2:32 pm

I heard something about "no permanently locked doors" or that most doors would actually be accessible in this game. I can't find that anymore though. Did I imagine that?

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » April 17th, 2009, 2:50 pm

[QUOTE=QF]I heard something about "no permanently locked doors" or that most doors would actually be accessible in this game. I can't find that anymore though. Did I imagine that?[/QUOTE]

No I read the same thing.  Additionally, the town is apparently one seemless place, both inside and outside buildings, with no loading times.  This means that since combat has been removed and it's been turned into an escape-based game (like Clock Tower, Siren, and Haunting Ground), enemies will follow you all over town until you are able to successfully evade them.  This might include having to barricade a door here or there.

I think that's the real reason there are no permanently locked doors.  The whole environment is supposed to be seemless and architecturally sound.  There are no such things as false rooms.

Return to “Modern Gaming”