5 Wii Games I Want to See

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » April 22nd, 2009, 10:53 pm

1) Red Steel 2 
This game has been heavily rumored, and while I don't think it has been confirmed, I believe there is a great chance that this game is coming.

So what do I want to see in this game? First of all, Wii Motion Plus support. And secondly, the ability to unsheathe your sword whenever you want to. If they still want "scripted" sword fights, that's fine, but let me sneak up behind an enemy and pull out my sword to take care of him. In fact they could take this concept and turn it into a cool stealth level where this is the only way to kill enemies.

2) A Crazy Taxi Game
I love the original Crazy Taxi, and it's fast, over-the-top arcade action would be a perfect fit for the Wii wheel. And if Sega wouldn't screw it up (which is certainly possible), I think this game would sell very well to the Wii audience.

3) A Good Basketball Game
There hasn't been many Wii basketball games, and I can't see a reason why a good one couldn't be made. The Wii controls in my mind would work fine for shooting even if Motion Plus wasn't supported. I would want a very arcadey game - 2-on-2 action would probably be ideal so it could an awesome 4 player party game.

4) A Good Baseball Game w/ Motion Controls
There are a few good ball games for the Wii, but none that give you a great experience with motion controls. Firstly, Motion Plus should probably implemented. And second, I want to see motion controls plus the ability to control fielders and runners. I think this could actually be done with the Wii remote alone. You could swing/throw the remote then turn it sideways NES-style for running/fielding.

And last but not least...

5) A 2D Super Mario Bros
I like 3D Mario games, but let's face it - Mario has always been better in 2D. And I don't want a Wiiware game. I want a full blown retail release that takes full advantage of the Wii hardware. After seeing video for a great looking 2D game like Muramasa, I want to see more, and what better way to do it than with Mario.

What games do you want to see? Heck, it doesn't even have to be a Wii game.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » April 23rd, 2009, 1:40 pm

Well snakeboy the good news is Red Steel 2 is still in plans. Her's what I love to see

1.Resident Evil 6 [Graphics shouldn't discourage Capcom from making a real main-game]

2.Rayman 4 [I loved first 3,but I hate how Ubisoft is overmilking the Rabbids while ignoring Rayman in which it came from,I'd love to see another platformer considering how good the first 3 were]

3.SEGA vs Capcom [I'd love to see Knuckles go against Protoman or Alex Kidd kill Viewtiful Joe in manner like in SNK vs Capcom or Marvel vs Capcom]

4. Star Fox [Why hasn't Nintendo announced a new one yet? It's such a good series]

5. Another RTS game [Battalion Wars 2 alone won't cut it,Wii need more!.It a shame this genre is always so underrated. Why should PC be the only place for this type of game]

steer

Postby steer » April 23rd, 2009, 6:28 pm

1. Super Mario Brothers 3.5 - just the facts, ma'am, no New Super Mario makeover....

2. Mech and Mii - a mech game with Mii's, online.

3. Wii Sports Online - same games with online - maybe Sports Resort will do so....

4. Legend of Zelda 2.5 - new game, not a remake, done in the 2nd NES game style - lots of RPG elements, such as equiping from dozens of sword hidden over Hyrule....

5. Pilot Wings Wii - would not be surprised to see sports Resort pick this up, Hang Gliding, for example.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 23rd, 2009, 6:41 pm

[QUOTE=steer]1. Super Mario Brothers 3.5 - just the facts, ma'am, no New Super Mario makeover....

2. Mech and Mii - a mech game with Mii's, online.

3. Wii Sports Online - same games with online - maybe Sports Resort will do so....

4. Legend of Zelda 2.5 - new game, not a remake, done in the 2nd NES game style - lots of RPG elements, such as equiping from dozens of sword hidden over Hyrule....

5. Pilot Wings Wii - would not be surprised to see sports Resort pick this up, Hang Gliding, for example.

[/QUOTE]

Umm...exactly what he said.

Lol, thats one fine list you got there.  I would happy if only 1 or 2 of them ever saw the light of day.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » April 23rd, 2009, 10:34 pm

[QUOTE=steer]1. Super Mario Brothers 3.5 - just the facts, ma'am, no New Super Mario makeover....[/QUOTE]

You know, I love that idea, but there is one thing about it that makes me prefer my idea - the fact that it most likely would be a Wiiware game. Now that isn't a terrible thing, but I would much prefer a retail release for a Mario game like this. So how about a compromise? A 2D Mario that fully utilizes the Wii hardware but is heavily influenced by the style of SMB3.

Actually, in the end I would probably prefer your idea, but only if it would be released on disc.

steer

Postby steer » April 24th, 2009, 8:10 am

I think it is a pipe dream in any case.

The most likely 2-d Mario sequel is probably NSWB 2 on DS. (*which I would buy!)

Or better yet, exclusive to DSi, as that system will soon need some must have software to keep it moving. Considering there is nothing too impressive on DSiware, that would be a great spot for it - sell the system and the online service in one fell swoop....

If I was dev trying to sell a game on Wiiware, I would be pissed to see Mario 2-d on the service, no doubt it would be a monster for a looooong time...

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » April 24th, 2009, 12:54 pm

It's definately a pipe dream.

Reggie has already gone on record recently to dispell any hope of ever seeing a core title on Wiiware. No Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. He said that Wiiware is only for experiments. It's fine by me, so long as games like Bit Trip Beat, World of Goo, Lit, and Mega Man 9 keep coming out.

I would love, personally, if Nintendo revisited some of their old classics that wouldn't fit the format of a physical release and put it on wiiware. An updated Ice Climbers(I'm sorry, but I enjoyed the original). Maybe if they took the original pinball for nintendo, expanded it, gave it some real physics, and employed the same control scheme as Pinball Hall of Fame. Maybe even an update on Wario's Woods or Yoshi's Cookie, perhaps?

One thing I would love to see is an update to the MacAdventure(or whatever it is) series. A new Shadowgate(more in the vein of the original nes version), Deja Vu, Uninvited. I loved those three games and it sucks that more weren't made!

Oh, and I'm with Steer on Pilotwings! I look at Pilotwings as being similar to Punch Out! A franchise that has always deserved more than two console titles!

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » April 24th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Honorable mention to Wave Race

I wouldn't mind Nintendo doing something on WiiWare resembling the original Game Boy masterpiece

And as for Star Fox I'd love it to resemble and play out like Star Fox 64,not the new ones [the difference to me is like the difference between old NiGHTS and new NiGHTS]

Return to “Modern Gaming”