Nintendo's E3

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Adamant1

Nintendo's E3

Postby Adamant1 » June 3rd, 2009, 6:42 am

[QUOTE]New Super Mario RPG (I think for DS)[/QUOTE]

That's not new. Been out in Japan for a couple months.

feilong801

Nintendo's E3

Postby feilong801 » June 3rd, 2009, 8:46 am

@ Luke: Perhaps, but there are plenty of people here for whom Nintendo can never do anything right. They delivered precisely what people said was missing last year, so the only criticism that makes sense is perhaps the style of press conference they had.

-Rob

JustLikeHeaven1

Nintendo's E3

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » June 3rd, 2009, 10:07 am

Well, I was pretty happy with Nintendo's conference.  I didn't actually watch the video, but I was impressed with all the news that come out of it.  They are really reloading and coming out with TONS of new first party stuff and as a Wii owner that has to make you happy.  Lets not forget that there are actually some interesting 3rd party games coming out this year as well. 

Nintendo is clearly the choice for family gaming and their conference showed that.  It literally had something for everybody.  You have oldschool stuff, stuff for kids, brand new stuff.  I was happy.

One final thought...online people can be hyper-critical of Nintendo.  You get thoughts like this, "Oh another Mario Galaxy game...it looks the same."  Then you get stuff like this, "Jeez, did you see that new Metroid game?  It's nothing like the old ones, what are they doing?  Bring back the old Metroid!"  You will see this stuff on Kotaku all the time.  It's maddening to read through.

Nintendo gets crap for trying new things with franchises and they get crap for playing it safe.  I for one am just happy to get new iterations of some of my favorite series.

Luke

Nintendo's E3

Postby Luke » June 3rd, 2009, 1:21 pm

[QUOTE=Cataclysm]Luke,

Nintendo didn't use paid people to applause unlike some other companies that shall not be named.[/QUOTE]Give me a source or your argument has no merit.

BanjoPickles1

Nintendo's E3

Postby BanjoPickles1 » June 3rd, 2009, 3:17 pm

Describe what a fanboy is, Luke. Why is it so hard to believe that some people, frankly, weren't as underwhelmed by Nintendo's E3 as you were? I have many, damn-good reasons why Nintendo didn't let me down like they did last year. Here are those reasons:

1). Tatsonoku Vs. Capcom's US announcement-Something I didn't think would happen!

2). Fragile coming to America-I've been wanting this rpg since it was announced!

3). Mario Galaxy 2-Loved the first one to death!

4). New Super Mario Brothers Wii-As a fan of the original on ds, I'm sure this will turn out to be a very fun game!

5). Metroid: Original M-The trailer looked AMAZING!

6). Wii Sports Resort-My family and I had so much fun with the original and this looks even better, in my opinion!

7). New Monkey Island coming to Wiiware, via episodic content-The Monkey Island series is, frankly, one of the best point-and-click franchises(one of my favorite genres of games!)

8). Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers-I thought the trailer looked superb!

9). Golden Sun DS-This announcement alone makes me want to be a new DS!

10). Mario and Luigi: Bowzer's Inside Story-As a fan of the first two, I'm psyched about this!

11). Sin and Punishment 2-I wanted this game to hit the US so badly back in the 64-bit era! Imagine how excited I was when they put it on VC! Now we get a sequel that nobody thought we'd get and it looks like a helluva lot of fun!

The presentation may have dragged quite a bit in the middle, but at least Nintendo(and third parties) delivered something this time around! Frankly, why do you consider people who were blown away by some of it "fanboys?" Personally, I think that the list I offered up is pretty damn impressive and that isn't even all of it!

Catalcysm

Nintendo's E3

Postby Catalcysm » June 5th, 2009, 7:10 am

[quote]Give me a source or your argument has no merit.[/quote]

Ask anyone who was there.

Remember, this isn't like the old E3. Only press are to attend. This isn't like E3 2004 where much of the public was there in the crowd when games are announced.

Return to “Modern Gaming”