All hail the Wii

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Boston

All hail the Wii

Postby Boston » May 12th, 2006, 11:09 am

Even though I am the antithesis of a Nintendo Fanboy I must admit that I am pretty interested in the Nintendo Wii. Of course, I don't want to get carried away with anything b/c I haven't played any games yet. It's got pretty good reviews from what I can tell. My only concern is that I am not sure I want to spend hours flailing my arms around while I am playing tennis. I think they have a lot of great ideas but the longevity of all them I question. Aside from that I am pretty excited about the upcoming PSP games. I think its future looks terrific. I can't wait for November!!!!!

Boston

playgeneration

All hail the Wii

Postby playgeneration » May 12th, 2006, 11:52 am

it doesnt have to be online all the time, you can always just unplug the power

Atarifever1

All hail the Wii

Postby Atarifever1 » May 12th, 2006, 11:54 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

That's not really any different to the way the XBox is. [/QUOTE]

That's right.  If I were running Nintendo, I'd be asking "what does Xbox do" regarding all online stuff.  Then I'd tinker with it to make it child safe so Jack Thompson didn't have even more reason to hate me (especially when I was releasing a system that taught you to actually physically aim for head shots).

Nintendo won't hurt their online service by taking notes from the best in the business.

Boston

All hail the Wii

Postby Boston » May 12th, 2006, 3:01 pm

All hail this mediocre launch title!!!

Play the games first...then decide..

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707908p1.html

sega saturn x

All hail the Wii

Postby sega saturn x » May 12th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Forget red steel super smash bros and zelda is all you need at launch.

Conn

All hail the Wii

Postby Conn » May 12th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Too bad Smash Bros isn't a launch title, huh?

Johnson73

All hail the Wii

Postby Johnson73 » May 12th, 2006, 10:09 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

All hail this mediocre launch title!!!

Play the games first...then decide..

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707908p1.html

[/QUOTE]

I agree that we should play the games first before making up our minds about the system.  But you're singling out one of the few duds of the show.  Most people's impressions of games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Wario Ware, Wii Sports, Sonic , etc. have been overwhelmingly positive.  But you're right, we'll all have to wait and see.

Boston

All hail the Wii

Postby Boston » May 13th, 2006, 4:52 am

I agree with you. I am excited about the Wii just like everybody else. I just think it is way too early to get carried away with it. I think Red Steel is one of their premier titles so therefore, it "should" be a great launch title. I would be concerned if the system couldn't pull off a decent FPS.

Boston

Johnson73

All hail the Wii

Postby Johnson73 » May 13th, 2006, 10:31 am

I see what you mean. I had high hopes for Red Steel, and I still hope they can polish it up before its release.  But most of those who have played Metroid Prime 3 say that it controls quite well, so I think that whether or not a first-person game can be controlled well on the Wii shouldn't be in question; I think the question is if most developers will actually be able to make FPS's that control well.

bluemonkey1

All hail the Wii

Postby bluemonkey1 » May 13th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Don't forget Metroid Prime is a first person action game not an FPS.

Return to “Modern Gaming”